Parts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parts
I've noticed that 306 parts are now starting to get thin on the ground. Lots sellers are starting to clear old stock at discounted prices.

I wonder how long it'll be before it becomes a pain to get bits.

I've already had difficulty getting a rad for the '6.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Ive always found getting the right part to be a problem due to lack of product knowledge in dealers/auto factors, if we couple that with parts supply issues i may loose the plot completely
Thanks given by:
time to start hoarding?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
The oldest 306s are coming up 25 years old and even the newest are 15 years old, the numbers of them on the road are dwindling massively and it's supply and demand. No demand, no supply.
Thanks given by:
true. I for one will be keeping a few bits down the garage.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
It's already getting a bit tricky to get bits for a ph.1 gti6, not so many are being broken either.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
im doing ok for bits atm Smile

i have a whole spare cabby atm, lol. and yes, some of those parts are coming your way Dee. lol.
have not had time to do her today, but will be back on the case tomorrow, as i am in all day, and need to get under her to get the engine mount off, so will grab those buts you wanted Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Good job I have three breakers in the yard Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
306's are still very easy to source parts for. Just wait a few years and you'll think back to these halcyon days when both parts and cars were so cheap and readily available...
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2016, 08:04 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Good job I have three breakers in the yard Big Grin

do they have PH3 rear arch liners? Itwasntme
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
arch lines are a pain to get hold of. I wish i could win the lottery and then just become a 306 parts place.
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2016, 08:42 AM)Eeyore Wrote: arch lines are a pain to get hold of. I wish i could win the lottery and then just become a 306 parts place.

that i'm getting to know. if I had a decent pair, i'd consider knocking up some moulds from them for future use.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2016, 08:39 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:
(26-05-2016, 08:04 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Good job I have three breakers in the yard Big Grin

do they have PH3 rear arch liners?  Itwasntme

they did Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2016, 10:02 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(26-05-2016, 08:39 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:

do they have PH3 rear arch liners?  Itwasntme

they did Big Grin

that past tense is ominous Doh
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2016, 08:25 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: 306's are still very easy to source parts for. Just wait a few years and you'll think back to these halcyon days when both parts and cars were so cheap and readily available...

It depends what you're looking for tbh.

Factors still seem to sell wear and tear items (bushes, ball joints, driveshafts, etc), but anything that doesn't usually wear and is now NFP is pretty hard to source I've found.

Plus anything dealer only seems to come is daft size packs now...who wants 5 clutch fork bushes!

I remember back when you could buy decent used items like beam, GTi interior etc but now you're limited to refurb really.
Thanks given by:
It's all relative. I'm more a 205 person as you've probably guessed, and 306's are where 205's were maybe 5-6 years ago.

Worth comparatively little as complete cars, most parts easily sourced from dealers or 'factors, and still routinely broken for parts and thus a plentiful supply of used parts for peanuts.

Of course there's certain bits that are more difficult to find and certain bits will be NFP from Peugeot, but overall they're still very easy to find parts for.

It will only get more difficult, especially once complete cars start going up in value sufficiently that they're not being routinely broken for parts and instead people start restoring them in ever-increasing numbers. As said, trust me on this, in a few years time you'll look back and realise how cheap and easy parts availability actually is for 306's right now.

To be honest, even 205's aren't that bad to find anything you want for, it's just more costly to do so and for some rarer stuff you'll need to be patient.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by: