Who's the genius with pp2k?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the genius with pp2k?
Hello, I'm getting my car keys replaced and have been told they can not provide an RF RC to unlock my car just 2 normal keys, what I will be after however is someone with the knowledge and nessescary equipment to code one to my car if at all possible I do have 2 RF key fobs if they can be recoded to my car? Or I can buy a brand new 1 from peugeot and am willing to travel locally and pay for someone to sort my dilemma although I am down in the depths of Cornwall would anyone be able to help in the nearby future?
Thanks given by:
i hope you have the security code for your car?
it came on a blue credit card size plastic card that slipped into the pocket of the owners manual

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Company that are sorting out new keys are paying to retrieve the code?
Thanks given by:
i dont understand the question!

you have a company receiving the code, to program the chip, are you asking how to re-program the fob to unlock the car?

if that is so, 1st click, big button, little button take key out, shut doors, and hit the lock button Smile

you'll know if it worked as when you hit the little button while still in the ignition, it will try and lock the car, but wont as your door will be open.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
(25-05-2016, 09:04 PM)insomaniac45 Wrote: i dont understand the question!

you have a company receiving the code, to program the chip, are you asking how to re-program the fob to unlock the car?

if that is so, 1st click, big button, little button take key out, shut doors, and hit the lock button Smile

you'll know if it worked as when you hit the little button while still in the ignition, it will try and lock the car, but wont as your door will be
OK, so I lost the only key I had for my car, rang peugeot who said they could fix it and provide a new RCL fob but they would need the car there, I told them not a problem as I have opened the door due to window being left open a fraction I managed to open it from inside handle to move to a safer location, which then made him back track and retract the service of repairing my key issue, he gave me the number of a locksmith in my area who might be able to help, the locksmith can sort my car out but can't provide an rcl fob as he can't buy new fobs anymore and insisted that old key fobs can not be reprogrammed to a different car, hence why I am here to see if someone can infact add an rcl key fob after the normal key has been sorted out. Hopefully that clears it up more?
Thanks given by:
Ok.

Well the actual fob can be re-programmes to the car. The chip inside which is removable is not. You will need either the 4 digit code from the credit card sized plastic thing in the hand book (which 99% don't have anymore) or a new ECU, BSI, and chip all from the same car.

Without that 4 digit code, it is impossible to re-code the ECU to a new chip. I do however have everything spare, as long as your current ECU is a Bosch 5.2. If not then it's time to trawl eBay Sad
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
All sorted now thanks though, i have 2 working keys neither of which are an rcl fob but i do however have the codes for my car courtesy of the people who fixed it
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PP2K Fault Codes Smokey Smokes 8 3,557 21-07-2018, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  PP2K and DAM help Piggy 10 2,373 03-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Last Post: BiG K