The dreaded I've gone and lost the only key.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dreaded I've gone and lost the only key.
So I've only gone and had the worst fortnight of my life and to top it off I've lost my 1 and only key, what's involved in replacing the locks ignition barrel and immobiliser and getting it to run and have rcl again? Please help me with as much information as possible as I'm getting close to giving up.
Thanks given by:
Need a lockset with barrel/bsi/key with chip iirc.

You can get a new key, a friend did this recently from Citroen for a xantia
But you'll need the card code and pp2k to reprogram rcl etc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I had a key cut for it but it only unlocks the door won't fit into the ignition barrel was cut from the original key maybe if I get a proper valeo key cut it would work? Might be worth ringing peugeot

Where would I stand on immobiliser would pp2k recode that too?
Thanks given by:
Then they have cut it badly...go back.
Pp2k will code a chip but need the "card code" that came with the car
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Honestly it'll be easier to get an ecu and bsi with 2 or 3 fobs, rcl and immob will work fine, you just need the blade(s) cut properly so they fit your presumably worn ignition barrel.
Thanks given by:
Yup as above
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2016, 07:56 AM)thebluepearl Wrote: I had a key cut for it but it only unlocks the door won't fit into the ignition barrel was cut from the original key maybe if I get a proper valeo key cut it would work? Might be worth ringing peugeot

(24-05-2016, 08:29 AM)Piggy Wrote: Then they have cut it badly...go back.

It probably won't be that they've cut it badly but rather than it's a crappy blank - I've had this before and it was the key blank that was fractionally out of tolerance so that it would fit all the external locks but wouldn't even go into the ignition barrel (let alone turn). That was on a 205 but AFAIK the key blank is identical to a 306.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
So I have rung peugeot, for £167 they can get me a rcl key fob and get it working, then I tell them I opened the door as I left the window down a fraction behind wind deflector which I managed to remove to gain access through the window and open the door via inside handle they then said they can't do it as I have activated the immobiliser by opening door from inside? So onto the next firm they put me in touch with 'key machine' for £152 they can sort my car out and provide me with 2 keys none of which will be a RCL key fob grrrrrrrr

(24-05-2016, 08:29 AM)Piggy Wrote: Then they have cut it badly...go back.
Pp2k will code a chip but need the "card code" that came with the car

If I go with option b, 2 keys cut and all working just no working RCL key fob 

Can someone then programme a RCL key fob to it?
Thanks given by:
so... ive only got one key for the rallye... Its after market so not original... not idea if it has a chip in it but i doubt it... any ideas how i get another made?
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2016, 05:00 PM)Eeyore Wrote: so... ive only got one key for the rallye... Its after market so not original... not idea if it has a chip in it but i doubt it... any ideas how i get another made?

After my latest experience I would look into getting a spare
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hdi / Dreaded brown relay behind the Ecu Jukie88 11 2,836 01-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Poodle