misterious dial on 306 hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
misterious dial on 306 hdi
i'm just wondering what the extra dial is thats on 306 hdi's 

it basically sits as part of the rev gauge , i thought it could have been boost presure but it seem's to do nothing 

anyone know what its for 

thanks
Thanks given by:
it measures the oil level for 10 seconds after you switch the ign on, then it switches off and does nothing

dont rely on it use the engines dipstick Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
It's for your oil. On the Second click of the key it should tell you the oil level in the engine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
oh cool ,, been racking my brain for weeks about it ,thanks guys
Thanks given by:
It tells you about it in your handbook, pg 95 Wink

Thanks given by:
If it doesn't seem to do anything its probably broken. Either that of you have no oil at all haha
Thanks given by:
Has an oil level symbol next to it ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2016, 08:39 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: If it doesn't seem to do anything its probably broken. Either that of you have no oil at all haha

check the oil level light connection on the front of the engine.. mine was off and half the lights didnt work on the dash as its one of the earths..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: pug306driver
French cars tended to have oil level gauges for some reason - even going back many years - quite handy for reassurance but my engine doesnt normally use much oil !
Our Polo 1.4 16v however could do with having a level gauge - it does use oil (like many Vee Dubs) and for some reason on this particular engine type - it is difficult to establish oil level Smile.
Thanks given by:
Would be nice if all engines came with one tbh, temp as well seeing as that's more use than coolant temp. My Focus doesn't, but the same engine in the 207s etc does. Sad
Thanks given by: