Removing Hp fuel pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing Hp fuel pump
Hello how do you remove the hp fuel pump in the engine.

I have loads of room all parts removed. Just the pulley holding the pump on I got the nut off the pulley.

Just still stuck on the pulley.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Mine was the same I ended up snapping the cam on the pump completely off and was just left with the center piece had to chizzle away at it and evently is broke free just watch the housing around the pump be shite if you broke that
Thanks given by:
have a look in the parts exploded views, keyed and on a taper?? still a tyro so don't really know. maybe a puller is needed, will go and check haynes now.
Thanks given by:
Yeah try a little puller. A gentle tap with a copper hammer too can help a little.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
2l hdi haynes shows picture of hp pump sprocket nutted on. The sprocket has 2 threaded bolt holes for a puller with the hp pump shaft "centre'd" for the puller "bolt". Text says its a taper fit but does not say its keyed, which is a bit odd?? so rely's on the taper only?? i would have thought that a key would be there also?? part diagram would clarify, unless some one comes on with the info.

If its a tight fit on the taper ( which it probably would be ) some very hot water poured over the hub part with the female taper would possibly help to expand it a bit and help release?

Haynes shows a simple plate and centre bolt type puller to get the sprocket off.

as said, still a tyro on these but hope this helps
Thanks given by:
I put a crow bar on it in the end it soon come off lol.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2016, 07:43 PM)pug306driver Wrote: 2l hdi haynes shows picture of hp pump sprocket nutted on. The sprocket has 2 threaded bolt holes for a puller with the hp pump shaft "centre'd" for the puller "bolt". Text says its a taper fit but does not say its keyed, which is a bit odd?? so rely's on the taper only??  i would have thought that a key would be there also?? part diagram would clarify, unless some one comes on with the info.

If its a tight fit on the taper ( which it probably would be ) some very hot water poured over the hub part with the female taper would possibly help to expand it a bit and help release?

Haynes shows a simple plate and centre bolt type puller to get the sprocket off.

as said, still a tyro on these but hope this helps

HP on a DW10 isn't timed like it is on an XUD so doesn't *need* to to have a woodruff key
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Quite, so relies on the taper fit only?, rather than a key and taper, it has some hard work to do.
Thanks given by:
you would be surprised at just how much friction can be generated by a taper and properly torqued nut..

the key would be mostly for locating purposes only where timing is critical to application.

tapers like this are the primary attachment method of industrial tooling for mills and large drilling applications (bench and pillar etc)
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Increasing fuel pump output? JTaylor2005 7 1,907 06-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  HP Fuel Pump FPR Bolts BiG K 13 2,383 30-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Fuel/lift pump Deangatt 2 1,295 21-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Poodle