Glow plug fault code?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glow plug fault code?
Hi guys,

I bought one of those bluetooth OBD2 scanners to check my coolant temperature.

I then found that they did code reading as well so I scanned for codes. It came up with 2. One was a MAF code which when cleared stayed away. The other was P0380 which says glow plug circuit.
I cleared that one as well but that one came back after a drive.

Anyways I have tested the glow plugs in the engine but measuring the resistance to earth which was just under 2ohm.
I also checked the voltage they were recieving. When the engine ignition was turned on this went up to 12v and after about 5-10 seconds turned off. Then when started they came back on and was getting around 13v until the car was revved up to 2000rpm at which they went off and came back on under that rpm again.

That to me seems fine so what do you guys think? Could it be detecting a fault with the coolant glow plugs?

Thanks,
Jack
Thanks given by:
It probably is the coolant heater plugs, they bring up a fault on almost every HDi I've fault checked... lol
Thanks given by:
Fair enough. Although it doesn't seem that there is a way that the code reader can distinguish between the two. At least I know the proper ones are working though so that's all good Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot Fault code Welshy_Pete 8 2,181 09-08-2017, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Swapping 3 plug to 1 plug bashbarnard 6 2,350 25-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Could incorrect glow plug lengths cause rough idle? JTaylor2005 7 1,864 26-12-2016, 12:24 AM
Last Post: JTaylor2005