Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRAMMAR WAR, and how to make a cuppa
Just reminds me of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjH9cEoEup8
Thanks given by: Redordead89
Clear this thread up? Youre mad this is all comedy gold

Havnt seen an argument this heated since whats better hdi or xud
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Lol, well clearly HDi is as even you've bought one now! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2016, 09:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, well clearly HDi is as even you've bought one now! Tongue

Just wait for the thread "I've got fault code P0230 and P1138, I've changed the FPR/Lift pump/HP Pump/Entire fuel system and it won't start...

I'll let Bash then tell you about how amazing HDis are.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
You mean like the last crap HDi he bought? lol
Thanks given by:
Funny that Tongue
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2016, 09:26 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: whats better hdi or xud

What's better an HDI or an XUD? Wink (although 'an' doesn't look right in front of HDI, but is grammatically correct, just as 'an FBI agent' and 'an MRI scan' are)

The day everyone on a car forum starts using correct grammar is the day the Internet will melt, but I'd much rather see the incorrect use of 'an/a' than 'I just bRought an HDi' like some people like to post. Or the horrible text speak that da kidz use.
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2016, 09:47 PM)thododd Wrote:
(17-05-2016, 09:26 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: whats better hdi or xud

What's better an HDI or an XUD? Wink (although 'an' doesn't look right in front of HDI, but is grammatically correct, just as 'an FBI agent' and 'an MRI scan' are)

It's not though - because you pronounce "F" with "efff" and "M" with "emm" which are vowel sounding...

You shouldn't be pronouncing "aitch" with a "hay" noise, rather "aytch"... Because it's "aitch", not "haytch"...

However, yes, local dialect will change this. Just like "garridge" and "garaaaage"...
Thanks given by:
Yes, theyre all 'an' because they start with vowel sounds even though they are consonants. I just meant; even though I know it is correct it still doesn't look right to me.

I'm a Yorkshireman so I rarely pronounce the aitch anyway. "Put wood in't 'ole" and all that Tongue
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2016, 07:56 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Im not really fussed what way you look at it. Where I am the dialect would say (phonetically)
I bort uh atch d eye
im quite suffolk though

Surely if you were to say it phonetically you'd have bought a Hotel Delta Indigo?

(and yes its a hotel not an hotel)
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2016, 09:41 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(17-05-2016, 09:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, well clearly HDi is as even you've bought one now! Tongue

Just wait for the thread "I've got fault code P0230 and P1138, I've changed the FPR/Lift pump/HP Pump/Entire fuel system and it won't start...

I'll let Bash then tell you about how amazing HDis are.

This im dreading this. If this happens ill cry. But hopefully it will be ok. Its just xuds have been reliable for me and not once broken down. But i now have pp2k a little nore experience and i actually quite like the car in genral so im sure it will be fine. If it breaks it gets standard parts back on is the plan. Not oh look its broken i hate electrs lets mtdi the bugger
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
f*cking northerners mangling the Queen's English. Your logic is awful Matt, just because you all pronounce "bath" as baff doesn't make it correct or acceptable. The Jamaican at work loves telling me about his beer can sandwiches, but he doesn't try and pretend he can pronounce it properly and everyone else is wrong.

Lovely HDi you've got there Bash, shame none of the northerners will ever be able to talk to anyone about it since they'll be too busy trying to explain it's ay haytch dee ai.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
lmao

Anyway...more yellow wheels and boost please
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2016, 06:03 AM)Poodle Wrote: f*cking northerners mangling the Queen's English. Your logic is awful Matt, just because you all pronounce "bath" as baff doesn't make it correct or acceptable. The Jamaican at work loves telling me about his beer can sandwiches, but he doesn't try and pretend he can pronounce it properly and everyone else is wrong.

Lovely HDi you've got there Bash, shame none of the northerners will ever be able to talk to anyone about it since they'll be too busy trying to explain it's ay haytch dee ai.

lol

(18-05-2016, 06:57 AM)Piggy Wrote: lmao

Is it wrong I actually like the yellow wheels on the China... Should daily them imo! Wink
Thanks given by:
Cant upload pics unless im on laptop ill get on it onight and actually upload pics of my reasonably standard car
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2016, 07:32 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(18-05-2016, 06:03 AM)Poodle Wrote: f*cking northerners mangling the Queen's English. Your logic is awful Matt, just because you all pronounce "bath" as baff doesn't make it correct or acceptable. The Jamaican at work loves telling me about his beer can sandwiches, but he doesn't try and pretend he can pronounce it properly and everyone else is wrong.

Lovely HDi you've got there Bash, shame none of the northerners will ever be able to talk to anyone about it since they'll  be too busy trying to explain it's ay haytch dee ai.

lol

Is it wrong I actually like the yellow wheels on the China...  Should daily them imo! Wink

Mine is slowly becoming orange and moonstone!  surprisingly it works well!

(17-05-2016, 09:14 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(17-05-2016, 09:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: No personal jibes at all Matt?  I don't want to go to a finishing school either...didn't mean any offence by it!

Red, I just don't believe your wife is pronouncing it wrong at a posh school! Confused

https://www.englishforums.com/English/Pr...j/post.htm

http://english.stackexchange.com/questio...h-or-haych

both ways mate lol, all good fun, if you start googling things you can find what you like but it can be pronounced both ways according to my googling Big Grin

Yeah matt.. its one of those "two people" things.. there is the right way, and then there is the northern way (wrong)

like two types of tea making people. Those who put the teabag in before the milk and those who are just plain stupid =D
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2016, 06:16 PM)toseland Wrote:
(17-05-2016, 06:10 PM)Piggy Wrote: Needs must.

(*an hdi)

if the "h" is pronounced in hard form,  as a consonant then "A" is acceptable. "a historic occasion, a HDi" etc,,

(18-05-2016, 09:27 AM)toseland Wrote:

Lovely HDi you've got there Bash, shame none of the northerners will ever be able to talk to anyone about it since they'll  be too busy trying to explain it's ay haytch dee ai.

lol

Is it wrong I actually like the yellow wheels on the China...  Should daily them imo! Wink

(17-05-2016, 09:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: No personal jibes at all Matt?  I don't want to go to a finishing school either...didn't mean any offence by it!

Red, I just don't believe your wife is pronouncing it wrong at a posh school! Confused

both ways mate lol, all good fun, if you start googling things you can find what you like but it can be pronounced both ways according to my googling Big Grin

Yeah matt.. its one of those "two people" things.. there is the right way, and then there is the northern way (wrong)

like two types of tea making people. Those who put the teabag in before the milk and those who are just plain stupid
=D

errr ok, contradict your self much Toseland? . . .Big Grin . . . . . . Poodle you have no say here, you're practically not part of this country anyway, get out your little southern bubble, hopefully continental drift will do us all a favour, break your piece off and float it far away . . . Rofl

Bit of reading for you all, perhaps I've retained the far North ideology being a Ferguson, who knows, most people think I'm from elsewhere even though I've lived in Yorkshire all my life, there's more than one way to skin a cat though boys, we'd all sound like idiots trying to speak like each other Big Grin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-dropping
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2016, 11:24 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

(*an hdi)

if the "h" is pronounced in hard form,  as a consonant then "A" is acceptable. "a historic occasion, a HDi" etc,,

lol

like two types of tea making people. Those who put the teabag in before the milk and those who are just plain stupid
=D

errr ok, contradict your self much Toseland? . . .Big Grin . . . . . . Poodle you have no say here, you're practically not part of this country anyway, get out your little southern bubble, hopefully continental drift will do us all a favour, break your piece off and float it far away . . . Rofl

Bit of reading for you all, perhaps I've retained the far North ideology being a Ferguson, who knows, most people think I'm from elsewhere even though I've lived in Yorkshire all my life, there's more than one way to skin a cat though boys, we'd all sound like idiots trying to speak like each other Big Grin

I've not read the last few comments but had to get in on thus super quoting game.

More yellow wheels please.
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2016, 02:16 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(18-05-2016, 11:24 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

(*an hdi)

lol

=D

I've not read the last few comments but had to get in on thus super quoting game.

More yellow wheels please.

MOAR QUOTEZ!
Thanks given by:
I believe, historically, that the milk before tea (from a pot), was to stop the fine bone china cups from cracking with the sudden input of hot water.

https://www.fortnumandmason.com/fortnums...cup-of-tea
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
only picture i have is this one. just seeing what the yellow wheels are gonna look like at fcs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Hijack the thread why not...
Thanks given by:
FFS Bash, there's a war going on here, nobody cares about your car.

Flol Matt, i'll fight for my right to be part of this country, although i'd like to keep the bubble if you don't mind, i can't smell you in here.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I just want to talk about cars. f*cking bunch of grammer nazis. Lol. May as well knock the last 5 words off this threads title
Thanks given by:
My dad's from Hartlepool, there's a few words he can't pronounce...
Film = fillim
Nuclear = nuke-ka-lia

There's probably a few more I can't remember.

The funniest thing I come across at work is I was working with a bunch of lads from the north east, and some of the groups couldn't even understand each other lol

Am gandoon the shop
in English = I'm going down the shop
Thanks given by:
so - - - - about your car Wink
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 06:12 AM)Poodle Wrote: FFS Bash, there's a war going on here, nobody cares about your car.

Flol Matt, i'll fight for my right to be part of this country, although i'd like to keep the bubble if you don't mind, i can't smell you in here.

oh no you ditttant! What's with the dig about my aroma? your mum always says she loves my manly scent Tongue xx
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 08:37 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(19-05-2016, 06:12 AM)Poodle Wrote: FFS Bash, there's a war going on here, nobody cares about your car.

oh no you ditttant! What's with the dig about my aroma? your mum always says she loves my manly scent Tongue xx

what scent is that mattyboy? bullshit? ahah
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 08:42 AM)toseland Wrote:
(19-05-2016, 08:37 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

what scent is that mattyboy? bullshit? ahah
better than sheepshit, whatever it is she loves it, Poodle will get used to calling me dad one day Big Grin
Thanks given by:
haha,  well if nothing else you're old enough!

BTW.. in one of my text books.. it's official now

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad Grammar Eeyore 5 1,916 10-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Matt