ECU not responding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECU not responding
Star 
Hey guys. Thought I would post this here.

How differently wired is the cabriolet to the standard 2.0 306? 
I ask because I cannot for the life of me figure this thing out. My latest finding is that the Ecu may not be powering up. As according to the Haynes book of lies, the ignition powers up the ECU, which grounds out the fuel relay, allowing the pump to come on and prime. This is not happening to my cabby
Plus PP2000 could not read the Ecu as it failed to respond!

So far I have replaced 
Fuel relay
Ecu
Security unit
Key fob

All from known working cars. So those parts are good. So that does lead me to believe it is an electrical fault somewhere....

One wire I am yet to locate is CC2 this is red in Color, and supply's the Ecu with its main source of power, or it just sends a signal to switch on. 

Looking at the bundle of wires at the ECU there are 3 visible red wires, and a further 2 more hidden under black insulation. I can see no lettering only little dots. So how do I know which is the right pin on the Ecu connection??? 

I am lost at this moment, so even if you think your reply may be stupid or not worth it, please please reply. Any help in getting my cabby running once more is more than worth it Smile

Tony
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
ok, so this is both embaressing, and annoying......

turns out the haynes book of lies, is nothing more than a complete waste of time.

Typical wiring diagram for Bosch 7.2 ECU.. that would be good, but i have just double checked, trying to find a pin id for my ECU, and its a bosch 5.3.........

wtf.... i cannot find any proper information on it at all. well any that would be any good for my cabby.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Autodata has ECU pin outs. I'm sure someone on here has access and can supply the details.... if not I can do, but won't be for a day or two.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Thanks fella, Smile any information would be fantastic.

Beginning to think im in over my head...... starting to sink a little here. Sad
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
Definitely not got an aftermarket immobiliser?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
No Ruan, the car is 99% stock.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
I'm not Niall, but either way Tongue

You need to bell the wiring back to the ignition and find out whether there's a break or similar.

When you say the "fuel relay" which one do you refer to?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
fixed that mistake Ruan,

sorry. Smile

In reference to your quesiton, the black box behind the ECU Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by: