What backbox?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What backbox?
Just had to put a standardish system on.
It's decat to straight through centre to standard back box. 

It grunts when over 3k and silent on idle 
I've just taken the complete straight through system off as it was really loud and it was tiring to drive with it. 

I want a back box that's going to give it a little more noise, is there anything that uses the standard Peugeot clamp design? Or anything anyone recommends?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Scorpions use standard Peugeot fittings.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
^^ Sort of.. the backbox to centre pipe uses a weird ring type thing to allow the clamp to hold it together
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hdi midbox as a backbox.. Sounds epic
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 01:49 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Hdi midbox as a backbox.. Sounds epic

I have the same delima, On the s16 sounds good too ?
I tried to find scorpion or mongoose
Thanks given by:
I fitted a hdi midbox to an otherwise stock system to a gti6 for someone, sounded really good imo!

Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 01:40 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: ^^ Sort of.. the backbox to centre pipe uses a weird ring type thing to allow the clamp to hold it together

Correct.

If you've got an aftermarket stainless system my opinion is that it is worth getting an exhaust place to cut the joints off and create sleeved joints. It's inexpensive and then it is easier to assemble & seal.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I like the flare/balljoint type of fittings on the psa exhausts. Gives a bit more latitude to align and dead simple to fit imo. A bit more critical on length, but more forgiving of slight tolerance imbalance - a tight sleeve is a pita to get together, and a sloppy sleeve is awkward to seal. Also the sleeve ones are a bitch to get apart again if they've been even slightly overtightened...

Of course, I was only an exhaust fitter for a fairly short time Wink
Thanks given by:
I struggle to get the PSA ones to seal personally. I am not an exhaust fitter though. lmao

Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Just knocked this up for my s16 today.. Total cost of £0 Cool 

I'll stick a video up soon!

Thanks given by:
That's baller asf I'd like to see a video. I've got a cat back sportex system on at the moment sounds nice. Pretty loud and grunty. Would be perfect if it was a little quieter but that's not how I roll Rofl
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by: