1/2mm spiggot rings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/2mm spiggot rings
Fitting a set of ford alloys, i have spacers but there bore is 65 mm and the alloys are 66 mm, is there any such thing as 1/2mm spigot's or should i just make a set of of some thin steel?
Thanks given by:
Like you say, it would hardly be a spigot ring, it would just be an extremely thin bit of metal.

Considering it would be 0.9mm, the ring itself would be very weak/brittle/susceptible to rust.

For a gap like that, either run without a spigot ring, or stick a bit of paint/copper grease around the hub to pad it out a bit.

Edit: It wouldn't even be 0.9mm, the ring itself would be 0.45mm thick.. That's pretty thin.

Edit edit: Ford never made 66mm centre bore wheels?
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
I was thinking about using a biscuit tin or such like and bending it round, don't like the idea of not having the support
Thanks given by:
Daniel306 Wrote:I was thinking about using a biscuit tin or such like and bending it round, don't like the idea of not having the support

Could so. It certainly is always sensible to get a good fit.

As you are using spacers, I would be more inclined to put a little paint around the hubcentric lip (as it's only 0.45mm you need), but either option would work fine.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
You probably wont like them but they have allot of sentimental value to me, they came off my dads old sierra and they have been stored for years but im going to refurb and fit them

[Image: DSC00950.jpg]

[Image: DSC00953.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Daniel306 Wrote:You probably wont like them

They look awesome Big Grin , I'd love those in white.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
They do look rather retro. IMHO I'd run without I've ran a set of alloys for 2 years that was about 15mm out as long as I lifted them a bit with my foot when booting I never had a problem and never come undone was always tight.
If I left them hanging when bolting up they didn't align right and made them feel buckeld and unbalance. But even then never had a problem.

But like Toby says just slap a lick of paint on your spacers or just spray then extra think around the bore of the wheel Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ford alloys? Gonna need spacers... get a hubcentric spacer slightly bigger and get it machined down?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I could probably weld you some 0.45mm spigot rings up if you really want some.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Iv got spacers that bolt to the hub then bolt the alloys to them,

Im going to try making a set of rings myself but it fails il get you to make me a set
Thanks given by:
I thought ford wheels were 73.5mm bore? or am i getting confused.

peugeot are 65.1mm bore

also arent spigot rings usually plastic/nylon.
Thanks given by:
they are normaly nylon but that wont really matter as you can get aluminium ones

ford wheels are identical fit but need 20mm spacers
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spacers and spigot rings Welshy_Pete 2 1,139 08-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sambarker
Wink What size spigot rings do I need? MIKE-FORD 8 2,247 23-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Last Post: MIKE-FORD
  Alloy wheels, spacers, sprigot rings and bolts mspdan 2 1,134 06-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Last Post: mspdan