Immobiliser

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immobiliser
Thumbs Down 
So it seems my car may have immobilised itself? 
Car will crank but not have the final start up, everything has been checked by a local garage and this is the solution they have come too,

So if it has immobilised itself how do I rectify this? New locks ecu? Or can someone very clever plug it in and reprogramme my original ecu and key to work again?
Thanks given by:
Get it on pp2k first and check its reciving the signal from the key. Then go from there the garage could easily be wrong
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
is the fuel pump coming on?

i am experiencing a very simular problem, mine is a 2.0l cabby, and will like you said, crank over but thats it.

Hopefully sunday she will be all fixed and back on the road,
i had mine plugged into PP2000 (thanks again johnny Smile ) and it said the ECU failed to respond. but everything else worked just fine.

I am going to be replacing
ECU,
Black box under gear stick,
transponder chip,

plus all the locks as i have 3 different keys to the whole car....... the locks are not important, and thus do not require changing.

If this works for me, them i am sure it will work for you Smile it is a bit excessive, but i had exhausted every avenue of testing

(check in the XU10 section, under Cabby wont start)
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Not sure if he's swapped the immobiliser chip into the new key fob yet? Chatbox has scrolled so he might have missed it!
Thanks given by:
ahh, that could be it then Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Saw you wrote you had it sorted fella, what was it in the end??
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
Black chip in the key fob, school boy error
Thanks given by:
Damb....... wish mine was that simple Sad
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
(18-05-2016, 08:03 PM)insomaniac45 Wrote: Damb....... wish mine was that simple Sad

I was told to check a few things it may help you solve your issue?

Crankshaft sensor
Fuel pressure regulator
High pressure fuel pump
In tank pump
Cam belt snapped or slipped 

Hopefully you can get to the bottom of it.
Thanks given by:
Thanks fella, but I am beginning to think no one will get this thing running without a major strip down. Sad
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
have you spoken to jonnynumbers or poodle? they are both in Eastleigh and could probably have a bashers
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Hey Toesland,

Johnny was kind enough to come round the other week and plugged it in for me. Smile ECU failed to respond... It's becoming a pain in the Arse. Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xantia 1.8 16v key/immobiliser Piggy 7 2,077 26-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  immobiliser problems roemer 5 1,796 21-09-2015, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Pug30614
  Immobiliser happypug 2 943 30-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Last Post: xudlingo