OBD2 blutooth scanner??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OBD2 blutooth scanner??
So I bought this scanner.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-Torque...SwxH1UGtYp

Got the torque app to try and read the sensors. It just sits there scrolling through protocols.  I have done what it says on the ebay and still won't work. It says it isn't for before 2004 but others have said it would work as the hdi followed obd2 protocol much earlier than that.

Any ideas??
Thanks given by:
I've got one similar to that and it refuses to work on any 306 HDi's I've tried it on.

Works fine on newer cars though, including a 2002 306 1.6 (ie an EOBD compatible one)
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Mines a 2000 hdi and reads codes fine with a cheap eBay one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
You have to connect it on the right protocol within 5 seconds of you turning on the ignition, with it searching through the protocols automatically it can be a bit of a pain, but it will work if you get it right. I'd also advise turning off 'faster communication' in the settings menu as I don't believe the HDi supports this. Don't start the engine until it's connected either

It does 100% work on the HDi though. My advice would be to wait til it gets to the 'KWP' protocols then flick the ignition on
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2016, 02:21 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: So I bought this scanner.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-Torque...SwxH1UGtYp

Got the torque app to try and read the sensors. It just sits there scrolling through protocols.  I have done what it says on the ebay and still won't work. It says it isn't for before 2004 but others have said it would work as the hdi followed obd2 protocol much earlier than that.

Any ideas??

Mine was a bugger to get working at first, took ages of setting it and re-setting it, and now it takes about 20-30 seconds from ignition on to registering in the app, it is not instant, keep playing with it.
Thanks given by:
[Image: a4985baf9a3d2ce28f7d2c12fd10692a.jpg]

That's like mine

Thanks given by:
haha so much so fast Tongue cheers guys. Will try messing with it loads more. Didn't realize there was that many protocols tbf
Thanks given by:
Remember "OBD-II" basically means nothing... It seems to basically mean it has the classic "OBD" plug...

It's all the protocols underneath that blah blah...

ISO9141-2
ISO14230 (KWP2000)
ISO15765 (CAN)
SAE J1850 PWM/VPW

Quote:04-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Post '03 206 HDi uses ISO 14230-4 (KWP2000 Fast-init, 10.4k baud) as it's protocol.

Pre '03 206 and 306s all use ISO 14230-4 (KWP2000 Slow, 5 baud init, 10.4k baud) as it's protocol.

This is ALL OBD-II compliant - just different initialisation protocols. Usually applications don't differentiate, just try both methods of init on that protocol.

There are about 5 different protocols that OBD-II can use.

I posted that a while back, might help Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Tried turning it on at kwp. Tried leaving it cycling through for 10 mins. Seems I have bought a dud yet again haha
Thanks given by:
IIRC in Torque there's a method to lock your car profile to only one protocol... I'll see if I can find where it is, hold on.

EDIT: Found it, go to the settings cog bottom left > vehicle profile > create new profile (or edit your existing profile..) > Show Advanced Settings > Preferred OBD2 Protocol

I'd try using ISO 14230-4 (KWP2000 Slow, 5 baud init, 10.4k baud) and/or ISO 9141-2 (5b init, 10.4k baud).

As said, you usually have to catch it within the first few seconds when it turns on.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Which would be the best to buy? Not fully clued up with these but would come in handy for clearing and checking codes etc...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D900-Vehicle-C...SwEeFVNRiK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391026596998?s...Track=true
Thanks given by:
Save and get PP2k - pain in the arse to get working, but once it works, it's very mediocre, but nothing else will do what it can do.

It also looks like it was written by a 5 year old who's got their first pack of crayola.
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2016, 04:25 PM)Ruan Wrote: IIRC in Torque there's a method to lock your car profile to only one protocol... I'll see if I can find where it is, hold on.

EDIT: Found it, go to the settings cog bottom left > vehicle profile > create new profile (or edit your existing profile..) > Show Advanced Settings > Preferred OBD2 Protocol

I'd try using ISO 14230-4 (KWP2000 Slow, 5 baud init, 10.4k baud) and/or ISO 9141-2 (5b init, 10.4k baud).

As said, you usually have to catch it within the first few seconds when it turns on.

I have only got the lite version atm. I don't think it has that setting. I didn't want to pay even more if it then didn't work. Is that feature only on the pro one? 

Cheers everyone Smile
Thanks given by:
Nothing at all. Tried loads of different little tactics. Even found if I plugged it half in I got a steady blinking orange light as well as red and that didn't work either. What lights should be on for it to work guys? Any ideas?

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
No idea, I only use PP2K or my Laser 5091 on 306s, interestingly the Laser will connect to all HDi's (so far) but not the GTi6s...

Lol at Peugeot Planet looking like it was written by a 5 year old, I quite like it, far more interesting than VAGCOM or ELMConfig! lol
Thanks given by:
Just to state the obvious - ECU must be on for the OBD to work. So turn the key to the "ON" position (second click - various dash lights should be on)

Other than that, try another phone, Android has it's issues. I bought the cheapest £4 Bluetooth OBD and it works fine on my hdi. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBD2-V1-5-Car-...SwFNZWyB7R

I need to buy a PP2K anyway, if I get one, I'll get it working on a USB windows XP install and should be able to send it out. After all, it's not like we need to keep the PP2k long term!

(12-05-2016, 07:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: No idea, I only use PP2K or my Laser 5091 on 306s, interestingly the Laser will connect to all HDi's (so far) but not the GTi6s...

Lol at Peugeot Planet looking like it was written by a 5 year old, I quite like it, far more interesting than VAGCOM or ELMConfig! lol

Try BMW diagnostics... it's part command line, part Windows 95.... LOL
Thanks given by:
Yeahh tried all that as well :/ cheers for all the help guys Smile

I downloaded a new app called obd car doctor free. Has good star rating on android and looks very professional when installed. It a tempted to conect and then told me that my adapter is a version 2.1 and that I shouldn't use it as they can cause damage. I have Google this and it has been confirmed tbf. Seems like luck of the draw when buying generic ones.
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2016, 04:48 PM)Ruan Wrote: Save and get PP2k - pain in the arse to get working, but once it works, it's very mediocre, but nothing else will do what it can do.

It also looks like it was written by a 5 year old who's got their first pack of crayola.

they do say that 40 chimps with 40 typewriters given enough time in a room will eventually bash out the complete works of Shakespeare.    I guess this applies to computer software too,  I mean look at windows!

XUD diagnostics is part hammer part screwdriver, so still a step above BMW's diag program lol
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Well I messaged the eBay guy.

He has confirmed that it was a 2.1 model and that they are very problematic and that he will now send me a 1.4/1.5 model out.

Not really sure why he would still be sending problematic and possibly damaging 2.1 models though.
Thanks given by:
I use one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Proscan-Torque...xyLNpSC6Wl

Works great on my V50, admittedly not tried on EDC15C2.
Thanks given by:
Thats the exact one he sent me. Doesn't work on 3 cars I have tried it on. Although chances are it could just be broken or even damaged in the post.
Thanks given by:
I'll try and connect mine tomorrow and screenshot the protocol it uses on torque. I've used the lite and pro version and both work fine.

Thanks given by:
(13-05-2016, 12:42 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Well I messaged the eBay guy.

He has confirmed that it was a 2.1 model and that they are very problematic and that he will now send me a 1.4/1.5 model out.

Not really sure why he would still be sending problematic and possibly damaging 2.1 models though.

most likely because he has them to get rid of,  99% of the people don't know and are buying it to see what the EML is cause they read they can, and as such it wont make any difference. 

of people who have issues with them £5 is usually nothing

for people who ask he will simply send out the new one to avoid issues.. as people who ask generally know what they are talking about.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Very true. Might message him about that and mention the fact that they have been reported to brick people's ecu's. Even the new one I have no is terrible. If you plug it in too far it stops working entirely. It needs to be like 3/4 of the way in to work correctly (Tried that tactic on the first one he sent me and it didn't work)

Anyways. Does anyone know how I can get the MPG gauges to work? I am getting like ridiculous readings of 10mgp average and an instant MPG figure that tops out at 12mpg haha. Any ideas what I have done wrong?

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Tyre size wrong?
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Dunno. I think I need the paid for app to change all that stuff tbf. Will have to download it soon I'm only using the lite one atm
Thanks given by:
hey guys i got a peugeot 306 w reg 2000 1.4 tu i was reading this and i was have the same  problem with mine the one i was buying of ebay thay dint work but i read that yo can get them to work so can someone tell me if its the same as the hdi 306?
Thanks given by:
seeing how each visit to my local garage cost me £35.00, I bought myself something like this;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U480-OBD2-Aut...SwywRZ9o99

used on my Y2K HDi it sync's over ISO 9141-2.
method is plug in, then turn key to IGN/2 and wait for scan for protocol.

hope this helps
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I might well be wrong but I have an idea it was only the later HDi's that were OBD II compliant. If so the scanner you've linked to wouldn't work with dazza's 1.4 TU.
Thanks given by:
some background here;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-board_diagnostics

also;
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/obd-ii-port-used/

or;
https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/every...obd-obdii/
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post