Hi Guys :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Guys :)
Newbie here, just bought my first 306 Smile

She's a more-door 1.8GLX in that Forest Green colour?

Picked it up for £300 with 88k miles on the clock (not bad?)

Haven't really had any problems with it as of yet other than a really heavy clutch pedal and intermittent, intermittent wipers - I've read that these are common problems?

She doesn't need much work doing to it, there's a rust scab on the lower rear drivers side door a little bigger than a £2 coin other than that nothing on any sills or arches - is there anywhere else I should check?

Discovered today there's knocking at low speeds when full locking to the right so a new CV/Wheel bearing? She's going into garage next Fri for it.

Other than that looking for a few parts so please let me know of any sites/good deals on bits for the car. For now just looking for a nice catback system and a good part leather interior as mine is holey.

Nice meeting you all Smile
Thanks given by:
Hi Tom - welcome to 306 world Smile
Yeah mine has a really heavy clutch as well,not fun in traffic jams LOL
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum. I think its sherwood green thats the dark green? or maybe its venitian? Post up the colour code and we can work it out!
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2016, 11:39 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Welcome to the forum. I think its sherwood green thats the dark green? or maybe its venitian? Post up the colour code and we can work it out!

Where can I find the colour code?

It would really help because then I could colour match a rear door! The bodyshop want £230 to sort it out.
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2016, 01:06 PM)GLXTom Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 11:39 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Welcome to the forum. I think its sherwood green thats the dark green? or maybe its venitian? Post up the colour code and we can work it out!

Where can I find the colour code?

It would really help because then I could colour match a rear door! The bodyshop want £230 to sort it out.

should be in the engine bay somewhere EKQD is diablo red so look for a 4 character code

copy from our chat on fb.

==================

okay so...... read all through my thread and youll see what ive done

basically the standard 1.8 16V ecu cant be remapped... or at least not in any feasible way.

so thats the limitation.

The engine itself is good as its aluminium so its a lot lighter than the gti6.

it shares bolt patterns for head and manifolds with the gti6

so basic mods for it are gti6 inlet manifold

then exhaust manifold

if you use gti6 ecu and injectors it will run rich.

running a gti6 inlet manifold worked fine for me but i know it hasnt for others.

for £60 you can pickup a gti6 inlet and exhaust manifolds so i would aim to do that.

the gti6 gearbox also fits and you will need the reverse cable and gear stick. its a nice upgrade and makes it feel a bit more sporty with the short gears. If you fit it there will be a gap between sump and box as the gti6 sump has a build in plate that fills the hole. Again a gti6 sump bolts straight on

the 1.8 head has lots of material in it. so it can be ported with good results where as a gti6 head is really good as standard with not much material to work with. The xsi head also fits but has no real benefit but again has lots of meat for porting

so stock mine was 110hp. With inlet and filter it got about 115hp. I never fitted the exhaust mani on stock management... and then about  £2.5k later with omex management and bodies it was 129.4hp

so its expensive to get anything out of it

that engine now is getting a 205 1.9 gti crank which effectively lengthens the stroke which makes it a 1.9 engine and then it uses mi16 pistons i think. New owner hopes to get gti6 power out of it so around 167hp

i dont know what kind of budget youre on but as a start i would get a gti6 inlet manifold and fit it and a full stainless system.

also i had a resonator bung fitted to the inlet manifold which its benefit is dubious. Sounds good though

and if you fit a gti6 exhaust manifold youll have to reroute the water pipes on the back of the engine and also get a gti6 downpipe!
Thanks given by: