Air Intake Temperature sensor suggestions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Intake Temperature sensor suggestions
Ok, so I'd love to shoehorn another gauge in the zx and apoart from a diesel spec AFR I'd quite like an Air Intake Temperature gauge so I can see whats what.

Ideally have a pre and post intercooler

Had a quick look and there seems to be a couple of options on ebay >

temp probe style lcd jobbie

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-05-10%20at%2018.07....naue0l.png]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTERCOOLER-AI...Sw34FVE9Cy

and dual gauge jobbie 

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-05-10%20at%2018.07....rvhbj2.png]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/52mm-Dual-Air-...Yl0vqm7o9Q

concerns with both is refresh/update rate of samples and how fast the probes can react to change in air temp.

oem car sensors tend to be wire based for ultra fast response

I reckon I could just go with a sensor and wire it into my arduino and display it on the lcd I already have.

Suggestions?
Thanks given by:
Will send you a message later Tom as I found some wire based small bosch sensors I was hoping to use, forget where now!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2016, 05:15 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Will send you a message later Tom as I found some wire based small bosch sensors I was hoping to use, forget where now!

sounds perfect, any idea if they have a linear output / response? Or do need a conversion chart ...
Thanks given by:
Mine is pretty quick to respond tbh. Was cheap so its not super fast obviously... But not bad at all imho.

Seems fairly accurate too. Was seeing mid 30s intake temps at the weekend till I got moving...but nearly hit 40 when really giving it some on that super hot day sunday

But two weeks ago...intake temps were 5/6 degrees cruising as it was so cool
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2016, 05:48 PM)Piggy Wrote: Mine is pretty quick to respond tbh. Was cheap so its not super fast obviously... But not bad at all imho.

Seems fairly accurate too. Was seeing mid 30s intake temps at the weekend till I got moving...but nearly hit 40 when really giving it some on that super hot day sunday

But two weeks ago...intake temps were 5/6 degrees cruising as it was so cool

no doubt its accurate, but time taken to stabilise or respond could be a factor - just you don't see any oem applications using those kind of sensors and I'm hoping to put one one in and not need to replace it again
Thanks given by:
Can a maf/iat sensor not be used with arduino somehow?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2016, 08:27 PM)Piggy Wrote: Can a maf/iat sensor not be used with arduino somehow?

depends on if the output characteristics / conversion tables are available, most oem stuff isn't
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headlight bulb issue - suggestions? amiek 10 2,555 31-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Last Post: daddyfixit
  Suggestions For Wiring Up All Gauges To One Switch. silverzx 9 3,322 18-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Last Post: silverzx
  outside temperature sensor Jake949 14 3,802 25-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Last Post: gareth7