RESISTOR BLOCK help plz

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RESISTOR BLOCK help plz
Hi there

I have a Peugeot 306, 1996, style, hatch 3dr (CGD660 in NZ so weird rego haha)

My heater blower has stopped blowing completely, after reading all your really helpful advise and buying a Haynes manual I have come to the conclusion that my "resistor block" has burned out for one reason or another. I have taken out my blower motor already, it seems fine.

Anyway, the problem I have -

I cannot seem to located the RESISTOR BLOCK.

It doesn't seem to be in (please excuse my terrible description) in the hole, under the guttering on the passenger side. There are two pieces of plastic that move to stop air flow there.

any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks given by:
Just to check when my blowers stopped working. It was a small relay by the firebox. They're prone to failing and a cheap and easy fix :-).

As for the resistor block I'm not sure where that is.
Thanks given by:
Photo 
-- Solved (kinda) ----

So after allot of confusions and looking about and even emailing Haynes with an email title wrong information, I've found:

Some model 306's do not have resistor blocks. Instead attached to the heater blower motor there is a section that regulates the power.
I have attached a photo - item 2 is the resistor block.

anyway going to a scrap yard to find one hopefully.

cheers for the help

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
You have to move the recirculation flap round to get to heater resistor from memory. Can get a pic if needed?
That item 2 is a resistor block also. For a/c models afaik
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2016, 05:43 AM)Piggy Wrote: You have to move the recirculation flap round to get to heater resistor from memory. Can get a pic if needed?
That item 2 is a resistor block also. For a/c models afaik

Probably something like this ? Mine is from 94. Btw the flap doesn't work on mine Nospeak

Mine is stuck at full speed if i connect the control unit, and i replaced the unit and blower
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resistor(s) to cure airbag light fault? Goofy 5 1,515 09-03-2015, 06:28 AM
Last Post: cully
  Airbag resistor clarkey2010 5 1,705 27-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Last Post: cully
  Meridian Blower Motor Resistor philpemberton94 6 2,147 02-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Last Post: philpemberton94