2001 1.9 Noisey pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 1.9 Noisey pump
Hi there.
Has anyone experienced a rather loud pump which can come and go.  By that I mean the extra loud clack comes into the car but once shes turned off for 5 minutes the noise goes away.
I've had this twice now - first time I changes the filter but the noise came back into it the other day (about a month later).
I'm not running veg BTW.
Can has 103 K miles on her so my question is might this be a pump beginning to give up?
If so is it possible to get it rebuilt and at what cost?

Think I'll drive it till it stops but I wanted to ask if I'm missing a trick here - should I be taking the tank off and draining / cleaning it? or is there much point?

Thanks guys,
Clayton 
Thanks given by:
What car/engine is this? If changing the filter helped, i'd be looking for other restrictions on the supply side, in-tank pick up, fuel lines, etc.

The only time i've seen this is on bad fuel, usually morrisons or homebrew bio.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hey poodle.

Shes a 1.9 XUD in a phase 3 body - all stock - I know the Lucas pumps had a bit of a bad rep - unsure if this si one of those or it its a Bosch.....

Shes not a HDI and shes non turbo so it's the old clockwork pump style....

As as you say, it's worth taking a look at the lines coming from the tank and the tank pickup in case shes in bad shape..... 

Thanks a lot,
Thanks given by:
Ah you want the xud section then, reported it so a mod should have moved it by the time you read this.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
moved Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Should have finished my explanation too, read back and realised i haven't actually mentioned water. So yeah, what was dodgy about the fuel was the high water content, check to see you haven't got water in the tank.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Worth closing this one out.
I changed the fecken Oil and it;s never done it since.
I presuming the pump may have been starved or the oil wasn't in a very good state.

Thanks for the advise anyway. Worth sharing in case someone else has this issue.
Thanks given by:
the pump doesn't have any engine oil... it's lubricated by the diesel.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noisey pump...video Piggy 8 2,428 21-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Piggy