307 alternator on the 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
307 alternator on the 306
Few posts have mentioned that the 307 alternator fits directly onto the 306..   my alternator is good (for now at least) but  the advantages of having the clutch type pulley found on the 307 unit over the fixed drive on the 306 are clear.

now obviously I don't need a complete unit,  but I did have a browse of the e of the bay, and came up with the pulley below,   seems like a direct fit, but it's supplied for the 307/berlingo et al, 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALTERNATOR-FREE-WHEEL-OVER-RUNNING-CLUTCH-PULLEY-CITROEN-BERLINGO-2-0HDI-AFP3005-/151932663795

My question is:  Would it fit the 306 alternator as a direct replacement for the pulley on there.. or would I need to stump up the pennies and get the 307 alternator as a complete unit.

anyone got the 2 side by side to see if they are interchangeable?
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Did I read in the haynes manual,that the 306 alternator drive pulley is pressed onto the alternator shaft?
Thanks given by:
That's probably the PAS pump, pretty sure the alternator isn't.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Changing over clutch pullys is a bastard job that reqires a special tool. Trust me i do loads at work we have a bit of kit for them. They fail and give similar issues to a faulty bottom pully. However never seen a pug one go just the vw shite
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I managed to pick up a 307 alternator for £17.50 delivered on eBay so I'd say just keep an eye out for a complete alternator, there are various part numbers you can search (sorry don't them to hand)
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2016, 08:11 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Changing over clutch pullys is a bastard job that reqires a special tool. Trust me i do loads at work we have a bit of kit for them. They fail and give similar issues to a faulty bottom pully. However never seen a pug one go just the vw shite

The one on my 206 HDi was faulty lol... After seeing the price of the tools and a pulley, I left it for the new owner. lol
Thanks given by:
Great, so the 306 alternator is strippable for bearing replacement, anyone know the bearing numbers, with built in seals rather than tin shields please??
Thanks given by:
Im also interested in this. Though its prob best to just keep an eye out for a complete alternator off a 307.

As bash said though at my work i can never recall having any issue with 1 failing on a peugeot. They just seem to fail on the VAG stuff.
Thanks given by:
Now you mention it i think i've only done one pug one lol, loads of vag stuff, like you say. Perhaps because most pug owners would react the same way as Tom. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(30-04-2016, 09:38 AM)pug306driver Wrote: Great, so the 306 alternator is strippable for bearing replacement, anyone know the bearing numbers, with built in seals rather than tin shields please??

yes the 306 xu10 alternator is strippable i stripped one to paint the outside casing
the bearings are a common size i forget the numbers now though Sad
the pulley is nutted onto a keyway and is very tight you may destroy the pulley getting it off as its only soft with not much to grip too

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by: