Mirror fan??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirror fan??
Quick one for you all- does anyone know why there is a fan by the rear view mirror? Seems very odd but may have a perfectly good explanation lol
Thanks given by:
it measures the cabin air temperature for the climate control Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(29-04-2016, 09:54 AM)cully Wrote: it measures the cabin air temperature for the climate control Wink

I see bud well that clears that up many thanks ?Iv sent you pm bud
Thanks given by:
As above. I unplugged my fan, was making funny noises!
Thanks given by:
Just be aware that it works on a hot wire from memory, if you unplug the fan, the cabin temperature control will be totally to cock Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2016, 10:51 AM)Ruan Wrote: Just be aware that it works on a hot wire from memory, if you unplug the fan, the cabin temperature control will be totally to cock Smile

Really? That's interesting! Had mine unplugged for a few months now, cabin temp is fine. Although max hot is REALLY hot!  Rofl
Thanks given by:
Yeah, when I did it to mine, even when you set it to 21*C it'd be pumping out freezing cold air.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Iv taken the heater out of mine also matrix too so that shouldn't be a problem lol
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2016, 09:55 AM)Xsikid Wrote:
(29-04-2016, 09:54 AM)cully Wrote: it measures the cabin air temperature for the climate control Wink

I see bud well that clears that up many thanks ?Iv sent you pm bud

no pm bud maybe because of your post count
contact me via facebook link in my profile Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Anyone know if you can measure the temp from that sensor through PP? Or is it too basic for that? Wanted to check mine this morning but couldn't find any measurements in the AC ECU?
Thanks given by: