Yellow headlights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellow headlights
Hi all ! 

So, I want to yellow my headlights.

Retropug has given me loads of advice on this and showed me his own yellow s16 headlights (thanks you again). I basically want exactly what Retropug has lol. Thing is I've been searching all over to try and find the lights or even the yellow plastic inserts and I don't want to be rude and annoy Retropug by asking a load of questions when I can just ask them all up here. So I figured I'd put this up and get any info I can and when I'm doing mine I'll stick up a guide thread with pictures etc of the process of yellowing my headlights for anyone else that wants to do the same in the future. 

I've found a way of purchasing the headlights with two separate sections inside but before I purchase them, do they all have the plastic insert which can be tinted yellow ? I don't know a huge amount about these so I don't want to presume that they all have this plastic lense inside. I don't want to cover the outside of my lights with a yellow film either as that would be too easy and not authentic looking enough for me lol. This is aesthetically a big part of the front end of the car for me so I want to get it right. I know about the implications of yellowing headlights I'm going to be taking the grille out and installing spots so that'll be fine and a d turbo bumper with fogs will be going on this car too so all lighting conditions should be covered.
Thanks given by:
Just put a wanted thread up for some of the yellow lensed S16 headlights, someone on here must have a pair in the shed they can sell you.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2016, 07:39 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Just put a wanted thread up for some of the yellow lensed S16 headlights, someone on here must have a pair in the shed they can sell you.

Kicking myself that I didn't think of that Doh Been looking for them for a while I'll stick a thread up now thanks dude
Thanks given by:
http://www.tigerpens.co.uk/edding-300-pe...GwodOIsBWw
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2016, 07:38 AM)toseland Wrote: http://www.tigerpens.co.uk/edding-300-pe...GwodOIsBWw
Just seen this now haven't been on the forum in a few days, Thank you dude I'll check em out Smile Have you used them for the inserts of twin optic lenses before ?
Thanks given by:
whilst you can get away with the yellow permanent marker on fogs, it looks ok, I wouldn't recommend them for headlights.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2016, 11:11 AM)toseland Wrote: whilst you can get away with the yellow permanent marker on fogs, it looks ok,   I wouldn't recommend them for headlights.

Ah cool I'll give that a try thank you Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yellow fogs / headlights joelww 18 5,303 25-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Marcus1991