high pitch buzz/whistle/screech

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
high pitch buzz/whistle/screech
Its done this before as well.....

the service interval counter rest its self all by its self the other day with about 4500 miles to go, and yesterday a faint high pitch screech is happening again from the dash area/tacho area.

Any one else experienced this??

capacitor about to fail?? 

cant remember if this screech happened the last time the service counter reset its self, maybe these  are linked???
Thanks given by:
sounds like a capacitor. before reading my thoughts were going to be heater fan but thats the wrong area.
Thanks given by:
will double check today, thanks any thoughts on the service light reset all by its self, maybe linked with screeching??

if capacitor, wait till it blows, else needle in hay stack??
Thanks given by:
Just sounds like dodgy clocks tbh, I've had a lot of weird things happen with the service reset on previous ones, resetting itself, not resetting at all, not showing at all or showing the wrong interval when reset. I don't really bother with it any more, not that I keep cars long enough usually but I just keep note of the month and mileage it was done anyway, the Focus doesn't even have a service counter!

As for the noise, I've got a squeaky/scuffy blower fan noise coming from behind the dash on the GTi6, literally no idea what it is! lol
Thanks given by:
Bugger me, was in car hour ago, turned ign on to listen for the noise, no hearable at all??

It defo made the high pitched very faint screech before from what seemed like the tacho area. odd!

Was gunna test with ign on and engine not running, lp cuts out as per normal, no heater fan noise and I know of the mirror fan noise, the noise I heard was not those, or my tetimouse/ear ringing that I put down to radio signals, as riding bike round corner, pitch level changed a few octaves. ear ringing all gone when up in the hills out of range of mobile masts etc.
Thanks given by:
This morning, no noise heard..
Thanks given by:
I've worked out my noise!

It's a plastic on plastic squeak, will be another garage f*ck up during the matrix change, fairly certain it's some air ducting that's not been pushed back together properly.
Thanks given by:
(29-04-2016, 12:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I've worked out my noise!

It's a plastic on plastic squeak, will be another garage f*ck up during the matrix change, fairly certain it's some air ducting that's not been pushed back together properly.
Mines done that sfor the past 5 years i've had it and it's down to the blower system or ducting somewhere never been able to locate it, had the airbags out and everything and still does it, usually on the second click of the blower speed or higher, very annoying
Thanks given by: