"v8" mist washer jets.... Grrr

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"v8" mist washer jets.... Grrr
So.

Ordered a set with "v8" in part number. 

And guess what...they hit the bonnet/wiper...not the screen.

So emailed the ebay seller explaining.

They emailed back:
"what 306 have you got as the jets are different between the coupé, 2 or 4 door and estate models"

Basically...theres been half a dozen emails too and from with me highlighting how thick they are being, quite politely, and that these are simply the wrong ones. 

They now stating I should check my facts and ring Peugeot as they list many different jets for the 306 range....well yes...obviously. But not estate sepcific...aaahhhhh

I'm facepalming so hard I'm getting a migrane

lmao

Is it me...or are they being as stupid as I think?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
This is the exact reason i buy mine from pug. Ebay seller will probably only have one "sort" and sell it under sevral oart numbers. His just being awkward
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I always by from Peugeot or Citroen cause ive been caught like this before with Ebay Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(26-04-2016, 09:09 AM)Piggy Wrote: So.

Ordered a set with "v8" in part number. 

And guess what...they hit the bonnet/wiper...not the screen.

So emailed the ebay seller explaining.

They emailed back:
"what 306 have you got as the jets are different between the coupé, 2 or 4 door and estate models"

Basically...theres been half a dozen emails too and from with me highlighting how thick they are being, quite politely, and that these are simply the wrong ones. 

They now stating I should check my facts and ring Peugeot as they list many different jets for the 306 range....well yes...obviously. But not estate sepcific...aaahhhhh

I'm facepalming so hard I'm getting a migrane

lmao

Is it me...or are they being as stupid as I think?

If they've got them listed as one thing & sent you something else then dispute it via paypal & get a refund then buy the Fiat/ Lancia/Alfa romeo ones, part number 9681415788 as they're the same as Peugeot V8.
Thanks given by:
Well there's only two bonnets in the range and they vary based on age, besides that all the models have the same front end arrangement. That is excepting the cabby which has a more sloped screen, which would of course raise the effective spray position, not reduce it. lol

Might be easier just to order xsara ones.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
They were "xsara" ones. Listing stated xsara and 306
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Got a reply:

"The part number you need is 6438.H4
This part also looks like these we have for Citroen but they are not the same. There is a very good reason why Peugeot have different part numbers and is because the parts are different.
If these Citroen jets we sell fitted Peugeot 306 estate we would advertise them for it but we don't because they don't and the main dealer wont sell you these for that model either.
Our title description is very clear our image is clear and the compatibility section tells you exactly what it fits and what it doesn't - We have sold these for almost 10 years and know all about these if there were more people complaining about them like you we would look into it further but don't because people buy them for what they are advertised for - and these do not fit Peugeot 306 estate.
Ask any Peugeot dealer in the world and ask them if part number 6438V8 fits 306 2001 estate - if you can get one that says yes please let us know the details of the dealership and contact number."
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
sounds like a typical reply from a parts department jockey that purley uses service box part numbers, and when the computer says no the customer must be wrong
Smile

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Lol. Tbf he is right, they aren't designed for the 306 and won't be sold from a dealer by giving the reg...

However you definitely do need the V8 ones, I get the feeling this is the same seller I sent a ranty email to when they sent the wrong ones and tried to argue it last year though. lol
Thanks given by:
(26-04-2016, 02:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol.  Tbf he is right, they aren't designed for the 306 and won't be sold from a dealer by giving the reg...

However you definitely do need the V8 ones, I get the feeling this is the same seller I sent a ranty email to when they sent the wrong ones and tried to argue it last year though. lol

Yeah I realise he is "technically" right... I highlighted in a previous email that you should not trust Pug part numbers... IE xud/dw8/dw10 and 16v dw10 rods all have same number...yet are all different.

But I'm wrong and need to get mt facts right they said.

Can you find out who it was?

Grrr.
Just got snotty email again saying they do not fit the estate.

Ahhhhhhh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just checked, mine were from neatcarparts but they no longer sell them so not them I guess!
Thanks given by:
Ah ok
Thanks for checking.
This is "byronix"
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I got some from ebay last year and they wasnt the right ones even though they was supposed to be the v8 ones, was offered a refund but couldnt be arsed sending them back.
Ebayer was called volksbits but no longer seems to be selling them.
Thanks given by:
So basically anyone who has bought them from ebay has been done over?

Ridiculous considering that they were cheaper to get from the dealer direct last time I checked.
Thanks given by:
Nope, they've gone up at the dealer!

There are some sellers on ebay sending the right ones, I get the Alfa/Lancia ones now.
Thanks given by:
I got mine off ebay years ago and they were fine. Ones blocked shock reminds me I need to sort that
Thanks given by:
Ordered a set of "genuine" in the pug bag ones with the right number for £6.40...see what they like
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
When i got the correct 1s off ebay they came in a fiat packet.
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Two-2-Pair-Mis...SwQJhUmFsv

that comes up straight away on ebay when searching 9681415788
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2016, 06:13 PM)Eeyore Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Two-2-Pair-Mis...SwQJhUmFsv

Look at the feedback though - 'not fit for my vehicle and not spray correctly'

You just can't trust the part numbers on ebay for them unfortunately.
Thanks given by:
(27-04-2016, 06:17 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(27-04-2016, 06:13 PM)Eeyore Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Two-2-Pair-Mis...SwQJhUmFsv

Look at the feedback though - 'not fit for my vehicle and not spray correctly'

You just can't trust the part numbers on ebay for them unfortunately.

where does it say that? the product has no reviews and the seller has 100%?
Thanks given by:
Bottom of the page! May not be visible on mobile I guess? Edit - Well the formatting copied well there lol.

What our customers are saying about this item

What our customers are saying about this item

Show All Feedback

+ feedback

finally got it

Buyer: bluetraver (46 )

Date: 19-04-2016

+ feedback

as desribed

Buyer: dexaudi (111 )

Date: 15-04-2016

+ feedback

not fit for my vehicle and not spray correctly

Buyer: marzenaj15 (30 )

Date: 14-04-2016

+ feedback

Great Product, Service And Delivery!!

Buyer: mackerfly2000 (221 )

Date: 12-04-2016

+ feedback

Top seller! A+++++

Buyer: paulopt1984 (52 )

Date: 12-04-2016

+ feedback

Excellent all round, totally recommended eBayer! Thank you!

Buyer: chrisp19868 (358 )

Date: 10-04-2016
Thanks given by:
yeh but thats like one bad bit of feedback and it doesnt even say what car.
Thanks given by:
True but presumably one of the cars that's listed there lol.

I bought some with the proper part number listed last year that were wrong. Those ones might be fine, but tbh it seems to be luck whether you get the right ones or not. Confused
Thanks given by:
Guys really? Just buy main dealer ones.. Life's too short
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Not everyone is lucky enough to live near a main dealer though... Cheaper to buy online and have posted than just the fuel to the dealers for a lot of people. That said I do now live just 10 mins from Citroen/Ford which is convenient. lol
Thanks given by:
I live 25miles from dealwe
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Warners Peugeot in Tewkesbury will post to you if you ask, and you can order and pay over the phone.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
So the genuine item arrived today...all be it, only one, they sending another, their fault. 
Anton said get the one that say "fiat" and sure enough I did and they were sealed in a genuine fiat/lancia packet.

But fitted to right side...note the spray difference.

Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Washer jets Niall 10 4,389 15-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Grrr, Black Cars lewisdmz 55 6,729 20-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Niall