Best Breakdown Cover

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Breakdown Cover
Ah, that's good then! Saved me checking. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Right I think ive done it now! So RAC at £99 with £50 cashback... hopefully! Cheers guys
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2016, 01:00 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Right I think ive done it now! So RAC at £99 with £50 cashback... hopefully! Cheers guys

Nice one, can't argue with that. £4 a month is f - all for peace of mind you can get home wherever, whenever.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
even the £99 is decent. Hopefully less persistent phone calls from RAC as well....
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2016, 02:10 PM)Eeyore Wrote: even the £99 is decent. Hopefully less persistent phone calls from RAC as well....

Naaaaaa, £99 isn't decent.  Rofl
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2016, 08:21 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(21-04-2016, 05:08 AM)procta Wrote: AA for me too, got a discount on it, with my dad been in since 1977. But that's cancelled out now! I have used it once and my dads used once too, in the last 3 years.
The RAC used to have a window screen company in sunderland, and I tell you what, the way they went on. I wouldn't touch anything to do with the RAC!  I think the RAC binned off the window screen side of it, as I think it went into administration not long afterwards. As they tried to say I owned them cash! That's when things went sour!

RAC Auto Windscreens are now just Auto Windscreens, who last year bought out AA Auto windshields. Not just in Sunderland BTW.

I doubt they went into administration because you owed them cash though.

Wink

l I know that, they changed to Auto windscreens,  they were in administration before I went to them anyway,
Also I didn't owe them anything,  Wink  The administrators were well arsey with me! I wont even go into the customer service side of things, at their little unit!  
Shame they were a bunch of twats, as they were great the 1st time I used them, ( when I got my 1st car) but the second time around, the service was shocking!
Thanks given by:
go to rescuemycar.co.uk

used them for years... peanuts to cover you, even on personal with national and homestart...

they are mainly just a recovery service, but lets be honest most people on here just want it dragging home so it can be fixed later... give them a try Smile

Quick service, out in less than 35 mins, when i had my old 'unmodified' 206 which was lowered 100mm he should have told me to F**k off but he still towed me home which was nice of him
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking it's about time i sorted some break down cover out. I'm thinking about just going with the AA, it's looking to be about £99 though. Anyone know any offers on at the moment?
Thanks given by:
be sure to have a look on the cashback sites. £50 is possible in places when I looked last year.
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2017, 09:46 PM)Eeyore Wrote: be sure to have a look on the cashback sites. £50 is possible in places when I looked last year.

WHS.

Took out a policy with RAC in January, £99 with £50 cashback through Quidco.
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers guys, these cashback sites all ok? Just sounds too good to be true with getting the cash back.
Thanks given by:
Topcashback is the one I've used for years, always got my dollar. Think I've had about £250 out of them over the years
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
AA/RAC are much of muchness although I'll always stick with the AA.

There's very little in it in price and the AA have always been great for me and my family. My mum has been an AA member since 1979.
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2017, 08:40 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: AA/RAC are much of  muchness although I'll always stick with the AA.

There's very little in it in price and the AA have always been great for me and my family. My mum has been an AA member since 1979.

Do they put your price up extortionately each year?
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2017, 09:09 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(07-03-2017, 08:40 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: AA/RAC are much of  muchness although I'll always stick with the AA.

Do they put your price up extortionately each year?

Yes. Don't bin the letters. Mine went from 50 to 250 and it was all on direct debit so would have gone through if I hadn't cancelled it. Its all a scam for noobs.
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2017, 08:17 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Topcashback is the one I've used for years, always got my dollar. Think I've had about £250 out of them over the years

Sorry maybe bit of a stupid question but how do they give you the money back?
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2017, 01:14 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(07-03-2017, 08:17 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Topcashback is the one I've used for years, always got my dollar. Think I've had about £250 out of them over the years

Sorry maybe bit of a stupid question but how do they give you the money back?

Bank transfer or paypal, Amazon credit. All legit.
Thanks given by:
I did a lot of research after RAC put up my premium 60% and even the call centre couldn't tell me why when I had never used them. Based on the fact that I can jump start from a power pack if i break down at home and a travel lodge is generally only 50 quid if I need to stay away because of a breakdown I went with start rescue for £38 per year. Gets the motor to a workshop or home, based on the fact most of us are pretty handy with the tools I think it sort of fits the bill
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Now just pissing about with catering
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breakdown Cover Toms306 14 4,514 03-06-2018, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Iceman299
  Breakdown Cover? JTaylor2005 44 6,913 17-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  First breakdown Nathan1305 21 3,013 16-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305