(SHOW TIME )project number 3 twin turbo ( SHOW TIME )

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(SHOW TIME )project number 3 twin turbo ( SHOW TIME )
f*ck me that block looks spectacular.

As other folk have said, if its going to reach its full potential with 2x blowers, the stock/HDi rods will not last long.

Really would be worth putting them in now to save the hassle later.

Awaiting the 'f*ck blew me block' thread 400 miles later.

Get what you saying though, if you dont have them right now, it certainly isn't gonna stop you bolting things together and start tinkering Wink
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hello again dave :-) ye  I no wat use are all saying like I am still on the look out if I can't get sum theeeeen might just keep the hdi rods and make sure people don't get to close TMI 

All ready sent £200 on new seals and main bearings timing belt and head gasket and a set of valve's so need to get more money saved for the rods time will tell  Rofl
Thanks given by:
Makes me wish I had a cousin with a powder coating business lol!! Big Grin

Looks awesome, I'd never want to drive it and get it dirty (or holey) though lol. lol
Thanks given by:
£200 on all that sounds cheap tbh...

But just consider...if a rod goes...could munch the head and those new valves...back to square one.

Best waiting...saving...and doing it right imho.

Tiz why my 16v project is so slow going.tbh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2016, 04:47 PM)Piggy Wrote: £200 on all that sounds cheap tbh...

But just consider...if a rod goes...could munch the head and those new valves...back to square one.

Best waiting...saving...and doing it right imho.

Tiz why my 16v project is so slow going.tbh
I no piggy ur right like it's just me I'm soooo inpatient  Rofl pluse its entered in to a few shows over here and the dead line is close for them Lol so the push is on  Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Head done :-)

And were I'm at now 

Thanks given by:
That looks great.
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2016, 11:52 PM)ConorTRG Wrote: That looks great.

Thanks conor :-)
Thanks given by:
That blue actually looks sick ! Not something I'd do to mine, because red and blue don't go together Rofl

Great Job mate ! Keep them coming !
Thanks given by:
Quite possibly one of the best engines Iv ever seen mate looks completely amazing
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2016, 05:59 PM)Pingaz Wrote: That blue actually looks sick ! Not something I'd do to mine, because red and blue don't go together   Rofl

Great Job mate ! Keep them coming !

Thanks man hoping to have the turbo's on this week keep u up dated :-)

(21-05-2016, 06:12 PM)Xsikid Wrote: Quite possibly one of the best engines Iv ever seen mate looks completely amazing

Thanks man :-)
Thanks given by:
OK so bit more done to night alternator back on and pained and power steering pump and crankshaft pulley and new belt . also found blank for the diesel might just put a inline fillter on

Also got another turbo BT need to try and find out the spec for it          
Thanks given by:
OK so this is just a test fit and that's not the gearbox I'm useing its just a ruf mock up to see were they might sit hopefully get proper bracket made up this weekend to hold them in place instead of cable tie's  Rofl

Thanks given by:
(20-05-2016, 10:58 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: Head done :-)

And were I'm at now 

yum yum
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
So bit off piping going on tonight Rofl and welding hopeing I have room for the bonnet to close lol. Be happy to see the end of this project its dragging a bit now Rofl

Thanks given by:
So bit more done this week new fillter head rap and sum more painting done . hope to but the engine in the weekend all bean well  Rofl                         

Also bought this :-) very handy 

Thanks given by:
[Image: 33dd5a366392642375dab87156eb12a7.jpg]

Nice one
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2016, 02:46 PM)mr_fish Wrote: [Image: 33dd5a366392642375dab87156eb12a7.jpg]

Nice one

Thanks man

New car for £100 check this is how I found it lay up for 1 year lots of thinks missing but almost have it ready for test now 

Thanks given by:
So back to the engine now that I have a new car/shell its a moonstone blue (01)  1.9 no torbo but let's change that  Rofl

So got the heat rap on the manifold pipes .also have 3 turbo's for this now and can't make up my mind wish one to use :-) I have a few pics of the manifold getting welded up I could have done it my self but i wanted a pro to did it Lol pluse they had big 3 phase welders so far better stronger job 

Got so braded lines to 

The engine as it is now 

On a another note back to the new bus got a straight throw exuast think the pipe I used was 57mm or 60mm             

So when it pass m.o.t engine going in this is wat I have at the min 

This won't do at all  Rofl Rofl Rofl

Thats all for now but hopefully the updates should be coming faster now again
Thanks given by:
one for team orange engine bay! ^^

Nice updates...always a firm follower here
Thanks given by:
Lob that horrible DW8 in the closest skip, or use it as an anchor for the boat you are building.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2016, 11:43 AM)mr_fish Wrote: one for team orange engine bay! ^^

Nice updates...always a firm follower here

Thanks man good to see people are still interested:-) would like this finished soon to see wat its like

(04-08-2016, 04:41 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Lob that horrible DW8 in the closest skip,  or use it as an anchor for the boat you are building.

Ye that's wat I plan to do  Rofl engine is over heating any way so just need it to get to test and back then it can shit its self for all I Care :-) 

One  I would like to no thow the ecu in this wat does it do is it more for the abs and stuff coz there is very little the ecu could be doing to a dw8 . could I do away with it 
Big Grin
Thanks given by:
having just spend half an hour educating myself around differing turbo set ups, I can only assume you are going to be running a sequential system, or advancing that further, staged turbo charging?

either way, hats off to you. Looing forward to the result of that although I share others concerns about rods through blocks etc!

Any idea on boost pressures, how you are going to control it all etc?
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2016, 11:01 PM)Ben_w Wrote: having just spend half an hour educating myself around differing turbo set ups, I can only assume you are going to be running a sequential system, or advancing that further, staged turbo charging?

either way, hats off to you. Looing forward to the result of that although I share others concerns about rods through blocks etc!

Any idea on boost pressures, how you are going to control it all etc?

Ye its should be twin turbo compound like the last one only better this time not that worryed about the rods for nw all thow it is something I am looking in to 

Going to try to control the turbo's with 2 boost controllers :-) if all works out
Thanks given by:
So more updates I have almost got this finished now thank f.ck :-) somany late nights spent on this just injector lines to do now and get the second turbo powder coated then ready for new car  hopefully update this again soon :-)

Thanks given by:
Looking ace fella Smile

May have been covered...but you are using ARP headbolts?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nice shine injectors :-) can't wait get this in the bay now to see how it looks

Thanks given by:
That oil breather is guna piddle oil all other the shiney pal

Love the fuel heater though.. Where you get that!?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ye u could be right about that one just have to see :-)

I got it off straight D engine in my work was there years so don't no wat the van was but was defo a Peugeots engine probably the the very 1st of the partner/Berlingo van :-)
Thanks given by:
Cool...nice little mod that.
I can assure you 100% that will spit oil out pal...hate to see that get dirty!
I am genuinely concerned about rods and head bolts though...how you feeling about that?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,000 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 187,903 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,748 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01