Tom's Nile GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's Nile GTi6
Its still hot when fully on cold, doesn't the auto temp only work in the white blocks area?
Thanks given by:
Checked this morning, both cables are for direction, temp is fully electric. So I guess either they've left a flap motor unplugged which will be an arse to reach... Or as the panel bulbs don't work, maybe they've damaged the panel which would be easier to fix...
Thanks given by:
Pictures from last weekend!

[Image: IMG_20160417_115207974_zpsi4kscyus.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160417_115213605_zpstqrxsmsh.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160417_115229105_zpso3wva8nv.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160417_140918038_zpsnxnlao3a.jpg]

Worlds most secure locking wheel bolts and some randomly long Pug bolts but not long enough for Lazers. Confused

[Image: IMG_20160417_115220270_zpswhnbgkpf.jpg]

Hulk done the matrix change presumably, all plastics look like this!

[Image: IMG_20160417_160904728_zpszklxcrc0.jpg]

Working vent, yay...

[Image: IMG_20160417_160918945_zpsjcxwbonw.jpg]

Non working bulbs...gotta be the panel, right?

[Image: IMG_20160417_161525113_zpsrrtkwzza.jpg]

Handbrake trim multiplying

[Image: IMG_20160417_162815683_zps7jr5eibt.jpg]

Interior cleaned...non f*cked GTi drivers seat! Big Grin

[Image: IMG_20160418_113526404_zpsnacnszo4.jpg]

Clean

[Image: IMG_20160420_113601898_zpselpmacrm.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160420_113618519_zpsdh8v6tdq.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160420_113657378_zpslv2kmqk4.jpg]

Meet pics

[Image: IMG_20160420_194712365_HDR_zps6r5c2l4l.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160420_194735566_HDR_zpshxsdvrgg.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160420_200406379_HDR_zpspxqyr2ea.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160420_200437032_zpsvrvwofhg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So good. I love this color now. I used to think it was beyond boring.
Thanks given by:
Looks ace...
Signature needs changing so we don't need to keep seeing your grandads car ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What cam are those meet pics taken on Tom? Looking great.
Thanks given by:
Focus a Grandads car? You realise who bought the majority of diesel 306s new right? Tongue

Sig pic will eventually change to include the GTi6 as well...may be a while before both are clean though haha! lol

(23-04-2016, 10:20 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: What cam are those meet pics taken on Tom? Looking great.

My cheap Motorola phone... lol

Sometimes it seems to auto focus/enhance much better than others. Not touched any settings on it yet though.
Thanks given by:
Yes...but no grandad bought a gti6...and in 20years, no "lads" will be modding your focus Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
My Focus won't last 20 years with it's Peugeot engine. Wink lol You're right though, don't see many old people in GTi6's even now. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
great looking car!
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Tom, Did I read you need a Nile drivers door handle? There is a Nile one on my new car. If you have a china one in your stock of parts I could take mine off to swap, if you fancy?
Thanks given by:
I don't have any parts at all these days, no space! Sad
Thanks given by:
Would you like it if I find a china one?
Thanks given by:
China ones are everywhere lol. I've got 'dibs' on a Nile one atm, but if you're changing it soon and I haven't got the other one then yeah I'd like it. Smile
Thanks given by:
There's a Nile 6 being broken here in Leicester
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ben, that's the one on facebook I guess? Had no response from him. Not sure if theres something up with message settings though as I'm not getting a response from a few people that I'm not 'friends' with. Confused
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 10:31 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Thanks Ben, that's the one on facebook I guess?  Had no response from him.  Not sure if theres something up with message settings though as I'm not getting a response from a few people that I'm not 'friends' with. Confused
it will be in his message requests box, best posting on the thread to tell him you've messaged him.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
It's Chris, he's a mate of mine... I'll ask him
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 07:27 PM)Ben_w Wrote: It's Chris, he's a mate of mine... I'll ask him

The front bumper has already gone iirc. If you can ask the best price posted on the drivers door handle and passenger wing mirror cap that'd be good though! Smile Also maybe the black fuel pump relay behind the battery but that's not urgent, it's taped for now lol.

Will update this also...

Sam's lent me the air intake duct from the Rallye so I can go out in the rain now...well, I could if I didn't have Proxes anyway! Confused lol

Have bought a genuine new lambda to hopefully cure the jerkiness.

Have also bought a new clutch cable because the clutch is just ridiculous atm, bite is so low I can't get a smooth change and I've crunched the gears a few times as my shoes are too big to push it in far enough lol. I know an old clutch will never be great but I hope the new cable will at least move the bite point to more sensible level if not lightens it a little, I have already removed the pedal spring.

Someone has already randomly cut a lump of rubber AC pipe off and broken one of the metal pipes so I'll probably remove what's left of the AC piping to make the cable fitting easier. Bit of a shame I cant remove the pump without fitting the Rallye aux kit so I'll just leave that in situ for now. With the pipes removed and the new intake duct I can get the degreaser and jetwash out to give the bay a good clean! There was a lot of oily smoke from the bay the other day after a very brisk drive but I think it's just burning what's already dribbled all over the block, guess I won't know until it's clean though!
Thanks given by:
i know someone with a rallye aux kit and belt going!
Thanks given by:
Yeah but I wouldn't want to waste it on this for 6 months or so. Better to keep it with the Rallye in case you ever go back to standard. Smile
Thanks given by:
Looking good buddy! Making some good progress already!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
So, fitted the snorkel today.

[Image: IMG_20160426_101350763_HDR_zpspn2ohvej.jpg]

Also pulled the other intake pipe and sprayed some carb cleaner around to clean the TB of oil etc, not sure if it makes any difference but can't hurt lol.

Then set about removing what was left of the AC pipes...turns out there's no condenser rad anyway lol. This was more of a pain in situ than I expected, didn't help that I only had one hacksaw blade which wasn't exactly sharp lol. Started snowing during this which was great...

[Image: IMG_20160426_125111053_zpshibrhry8.jpg]

Then the guy from DHL arrived with my clutch cable! Big Grin Fitted that really quickly without removing anything, wasn't as difficult as I remember on the HDi at least. Confused

[Image: IMG_20160426_130149733_zpsf25qcjoz.jpg]

Clutch is now nice and smooth with a sensible amount of travel and bite point, not sure how long it'll last but that's good for now. Smile
Thanks given by:
No go on the door handle bud......he's sold the entire door
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, thanks for asking anyway. I should buy a nile breaker tbh, seems the parts shift quickly! lol
Thanks given by:
Hmm, in typical 306 style I've made one thing better and another worse lol...

Clutch feels much better but the gears are really stiff and notchy when warm, seemed fine cold. Cant remember if it was just as bad before or not. Reckon it's worth trying new 'box oil or wait to see if it's the cable adjusting?
Thanks given by:
If the only thing changed was the cable that suggests it's the cable to me, either that or it's just a coincidence
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was crunching gears all over before but the bite was so low I can't say whether it was the old cable or another issue. Confused
Thanks given by:
You can change my clutch cable if it's that easy lol I'd try new oil first can't be a bad thing to change it anyway can it?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Honestly it took 10 mins to change the cable!! Bit more difficult if you've still got AC pipes though lol.

Wouldn't hurt to change the oil but I'm pretty much at the end of my budget this month, and next month the money is going on the Focus service instead, so would rather not have to spend on unexpected items if possible lol.
Thanks given by: