Tom's Nile GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's Nile GTi6
(18-04-2016, 08:31 AM)cully Wrote: ah you your on about the spring clips that lay across the top edge of the pad!
yes they work ok without them but like you say may rattle squeel

good progress tom Smile

Ah that's good then, Rowell has about 50 rear carriers so can hopefully grab a spare spring from him at some point! Big Grin

(18-04-2016, 08:43 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Good progress mate. Glad to see some of my old parts helped!

Yup, thanks! Got a few to bring back as well. Could also do with a non bent wheel brace if we didn't scrap them all the other day lol.

Had a spare half hour this morning to hoover, clean windows inside, spray dash shine everywhere and use many anti-bac wipes to remove 17 years of filth from the controls...I can now drive it without gloves haha! lol
Thanks given by:
Got the insurance sorted? Yep I've got two wheel braces. Just come over and grab one. Think we kept all the rear carriers so should have the springs somewhere.
Thanks given by:
Insurance not sorted yet. Sad Got a quote of £400ish from Admiral, just waiting to see if Flux can do better! Hoping to get it taxed (6 months) and insured under £500 but that may be a bit optimistic.
Thanks given by:
That's a bloody good price as a second car with mirrored NCB Tom, I'll see what I can do but that really is good.
Thanks given by:
It's more than I paid on the last '6 lol... But only by £20ish, I know insurance tax has gone up though.
Thanks given by:
Try putting some modifications on and then go through the flux modified route. May be cheaper.
Thanks given by:
It's lowered and aftermarket exhaust, could add air filter potentially as well. Woulda been cheaper on Admiral without those but I can't unlower the beam so it'll have to stay like that.
Thanks given by:
I'm with Greenlight insurance and they seem pretty good tbh!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I've hooked my homeboy up.
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2016, 07:23 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I've hooked my homeboy up.

He definitely has! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
How much I'm the end?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
£350 TPFT. I know some of you will have it cheaper but I'm not exactly a low risk for insurers lol.

Btw, does anyone know what size nut and bolt I need to replace the door handle rivets? I don't have a rivet gun so be easier to bolt the new one on but I don't have many spares here to try. Confused
Thanks given by:
You'll need an m6 bolt iirc about 10mm long
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2016, 12:46 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: You'll need an m6 bolt iirc about 10mm long

Cheers Zakk. Smile

Replaced the headlight bulb and wheel brace today. And gave it probably the worst wash ever...one bucket, and a watering can to rinse... lol But in fairness I didn't have time to give it a decent polish and wax so no need to do it properly! Looks alright though, I'll add a couple of pics from the phone later. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
How have I just found this? Good work mate, good to see you back in a '6

And great work on cracking on with it mate!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Clean

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Needs lowered on the back a bit more Tom lol
Getting it lifted yes?
What else have you got planned for it? Smile
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2016, 05:40 PM)MY95 Wrote: Needs lowered on the back a bit more Tom lol

No it does not!
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2016, 06:42 PM)allye Wrote:
(20-04-2016, 05:40 PM)MY95 Wrote: Needs lowered on the back a bit more Tom lol

No it does not!

Was a joke Allye, Tom knows im joking, dont worry.
Thanks given by:
Sarcasm and the Internet will never mix well.........
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Thought people would get it with the ' lol ' face, oh well.
Thanks given by:
I got it...its stupid low at the back, but I don't have a slide hammer so it'll stay like that lol. Oddly it's not as crashy as I thought it would be and grips well too, even on the mismatched budget rears!

Just done a 50 mile round trip in it to a meet, forgot how quick they are towards the redline!! Big Grin

Tracking is off, or at least the steering wheel is. May have to get that sorted. But the bigger issue ATM is the heater is stuck on regardless of dial position Confused. I can cope with no AC but not permanent hot air lol. Is temp cable controlled and likely to be cable at fault? Or is it fan speed that's cable controlled? I know direction is.

Also, I was the only 306 there, let alone the only GTi6, hopefully someone will come with me next time haha! lol Also getting funny looks getting in the passenger side and scooting over so really need to sort that door handle. lol

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
you can finally change your sig to "Spends life on 306oc....drives a Ford...mostly"
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Haha, been trying to think of a witty new lines there! lol Should get the Focus and the '6 in a wide sig pic as well...

On the subject of other marques, thought it was funny earlier. I drove to the Citroen dealer, in my Ford, to purchase Peugeot parts... lol
Thanks given by:
The cable for the heater control panel probably hasn't been reattached properly when they did the heater matrix, bit of a pain to do at the best of times!
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Is temp definitely cable controlled before I go ripping it all out though? I know theres two cables, ones for direction. But I cant think how the other would control temp? Thought flaps were electronically controlled with little motors?

I honestly can't believe someone picked up this car, paid £680 odd for the work done and took it away without questioning all the breakages/fails during the matrix change! Surely if you couldn't get cold air you'd take it back immediately and tell them to sort it FOC!! Confused
Thanks given by:
It might have been done in the winter lol

If the dial has 21 on the temp it'll be the electronic flaps.
Thanks given by:
Lol, wouldn't you still check it all though? I would! lol

Yeah its an air con 'climate' model with the 21.
Thanks given by:
So, do we think it's a control panel issue?
Thanks given by:
Could be a faulty temp sensor in the roof console. Check its connected
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: