Drivers Seat Keeps Slipping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drivers Seat Keeps Slipping
Just a quick one!

Drivers seat has fairly obviously been retrimmed as it's mint. However it only seems to lock in one 'forwards/backwards' position...which is unfortunately more suited to Niall than it is me lol. The handle seems to work and it does kinda lock but as soon as I push the clutch it flies backwards again.

Quite annoying, so is there anything simple that's gone wrong there? Probably refitted wrong after the retrim I guess, but how?

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
There's a couple of springs under the seat that hold it onto the rail. I did a lot of playing around & modifying with mine when me & a mate did my custom rails to suit my Recaro seats (see my build thread if interested, photos may help understand how it works).

Mine does this, very rarely, but sometimes. It is the left-hand rail that causes problems for me. Yours will be covered by plastic, but as mine is a custom frame on the original rails I can see what happens exactly. Sometimes I have to push the rail into the locking mech manually.

Best way for you, I suspect remove the seat & inspect what is going on. I don't think you can't really identify anything without removing the seat, unless somehow you can get under the plastic to see what is going on
Thanks given by:
Sounds like we have got a busy weekend!
Thanks given by:
Looks like I might get away without removing the seat unless I'm getting this arse about face!

The gold clip is visible when the seat is tilted and pushed right forward, can't see much wrong with it but that's the horizontal locking mech right? Might just jam a bolt in behind it so it can't go back further than I want lol.
Thanks given by:
One of mine did this. I rammed a flat head in the runner, levered it about a bit & it was perfect after that.

Not much help but still.
Thanks given by:
Any particular place in the runner? lol
Thanks given by:
The side it locks onto/side it wouldn't lock, where it should lock.. I literally tried to just bend one of the teeth & by chance it fixed it completely.. Locked in every place fine Smile
Thanks given by:
Stuck a spare screw in a hole, perfect, sod any taller people haha. lol
Thanks given by:
sounds like that one is fixed then!
Thanks given by:
After dismantling/rebuilding a few in an evening recently I found a common couple weak points on these which cause all sorts of issues... Essentially only half the bolts needed get used from factory. Plus theres a weak point in the frame that breaks because of this. I'd bet on that
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
the gold piece that slides has fallen out of the lever that moves it...seat out again to put it in place.

also car will fail mot as seat has to be able to move/slide and lock in place.
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2016, 08:19 PM)daddyfixit Wrote: also car will fail mot as seat has to be able to move/slide and lock in place.

Since when? Bucket seats on fixed subframes?!
Thanks given by:
Hes right, fixed buckets should fail...in the same way decats should. Mines got 11 months MOT so next one won't be my problem lol.
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2016, 08:21 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(18-04-2016, 08:19 PM)daddyfixit Wrote: also car will fail mot as seat has to be able to move/slide and lock in place.

Since when? Bucket seats on fixed subframes?!

he didn't mention bucket seats, he said sliding seats..............
Thanks given by:
for the MOT if it is on the car it has to work as designed,,

hence it can be argued that a fixed position bucket seat that is secure wont fail, but a sliding rail that should move will..

same as the cat on a diesel, it isn't required for an emissions test, but if its not there and should be you will fail etc.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to get rid of the height adjuster on the drivers seat? Paul_13 12 2,062 18-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  Broken Drivers seat DazzaHDI 3 1,226 20-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191
  How is the 306 drivers seat attatched onto the base stu9 5 1,538 03-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Grant