Cheapest Sound Deadening

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest Sound Deadening
Looking to buy some cheap sound deadening for the car, used some fluffy insulation stuff in the past which worked well, but is a bit itchy and takes up a lot of space, want something cheap to do behind doorcards, floors and bonnet, any ideas?
Dynamat, silentcoat etc a bit too pricey last time I looked
Thanks
Thanks given by:
Heard cloud 9(nimbus carpet) carpet underlay is okay to use, bit cheaper as well

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Yeh so unfortunately you get what you pay for. Tgere is a guide in the guide section that uses cloud 9 carpet under lay and silent coat.
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna be doing this end of the month hopefully if anyone local wants to split a roll?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
http://www.diy.com/departments/diall-3mm...809_BQ.prd

That's the stuff I used on my 306, works fantastically. As it sticks to everything, it does a very similar job to the dynamat stuff but at a fraction of the weight & cost. Plus as it's thin and cheap, you can go for multiple layers, and go for a 100% coverage. Adhesive underlayer is simply adhesive closed cell foam, it is exactly the same you would buy from an automotive place but at 10x the cost.

What I did was use Dynamat (not Dynamat but the cheaper analogue stuff) on the inside of the door, where the window goes down into. The doorcard was completely covered in adhesive underlayer. The boot had strips of Dynamat between the ridges (pointless imo - wish I didn't bother), then completely covered with adhesive foam. I also pulled the headliner off and put 2x layers of foam in there too. Bonus - my car stays cooler in the sun and warmer in winter as the foam is insulating!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Under bonnet sound deadening Iaitoo 3 973 23-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  ABS sheets... cheapest supplier Piggy 11 1,909 02-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Pompey306mark
  Best Sound Deadening Material MY95 9 1,465 23-02-2015, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Eeyore