Hdi heads 8v are they all compatible?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi heads 8v are they all compatible?
Sure my HG has gone  as it's losing water and pressurising the coolant system. 

There's of plenty 8v hdi's at the local scrap yard just need to know if they're all compatible
Thanks given by:
Whats wrong with your hdi head?

HG fail doesn't mean head fail.

Afaik, they are all the same...no doubt there must be a difference somewhere that a peugeot boffin knows
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fully built head on Servicebox says 0200GN. Doing a search on that part number brings just about the whole Pug family....206/306/307/406/607 plus the vans. For Shitroen, Xsara 1 & 2/Berlingo/C5/C4/Xantia/Picasso plus vans.

Probably best to try and stick to the same age group though...
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
Sweet Cheers

I need a spare head to get skimmed and minimal down time as the wife needs the car as well
Thanks given by:
Have you got a sniff tester to check it? HGs rarely fail on HDi's but I know what your luck is like lol.
Thanks given by:
Was driven gently yesterday by wife, went down this morning to change rad cap and top up water as she said the light come on.
Opened the cap up and there was quite a bit of pressure in the header tank. I bled the system and there was no air strangely
Thanks given by:
Might just be a faulty cap then?
Thanks given by:
get that sniff test done mate..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I've got the same issue with my Dad's HDI - pressurising coolant, spewing it out the header tank (especially if driven hard). Tried swapping the rad cap, bled the system etc (no air), coolant all circulating fine. I've read a lot of posts on numerous forums about pressurising coolant with the 2.0 HDI and they all seem to lead to a head gasket replacement and a sniff test doesn't always pick it up. My sister's old HDI had the same problem and the one after that was starting to go before it was traded in. So I'd say it is definitely getting more common!

Can't decide whether to drop another engine in or just to replace the head gasket. I too am thinking about getting a used head to skim in advance for speed.
Thanks given by:
[Image: th_20160415_053849_zpsljtcmwte.jpg]

Went for a sprinted drive last night... That video is this morning
Thanks given by:
Just un done the cap again and hardly any pressure come out, the wife had been driving it so obviously not hard.

Seems to be only at high psi. Wonder if I'll get away with a nip of the head bolts? Worth a try.

Next question, are the back bank of bolts in the rocker cover? It's raining outside or I'd go look
Thanks given by:
Hmm, odd! Confused

Rear bolts are under the cam cover, yeah.
Thanks given by:
If you go ahead are you going to take the head off in situ or remove engine for easier access?
Thanks given by:
In situ....
Going to be interesting. Fitting gt20 at same time
Thanks given by:
Hope it goes well for you - I had a subtle head gasket leak some years ago (not Hdi) and two sniff checks at different garages failed to confirm it,I didnt have time to fix myself so got a garage near where I worked to change it  for me,the only evidence of a leak was a small slight 'polished' section on the HG,but it cured the cooling system pressurisation etc.
Because they were late finishing the job I didnt get the car back until the day before the car insurance ran out,so I had to drive it 70 miles to home that night,it was sort of going ok but a little down on power (xud non turbo) but the engine was  sounding  really weird,the car was already up for sale so I spent that saturday having to refit the cam belt - the chimps at the garage had fitted it one tooth out LOL.
Thanks given by:
Good luck! Be interested to hear how you get on.
Thanks given by: