Help Improve 306oc

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Improve 306oc
(16-04-2016, 04:42 PM)Ruan Wrote: WRT

Possibly the poshest internet abbreviation there ever.

Salute.
Thanks given by:
How about a basic 306oc driving game or games section to play somewhere on the forum? Gta1 style overhead with colour-tagged and named members cars?
I'd love to race other members cars ( in my imaginary current 306 ) without the 1000 mile round trip!
Or maybe an online free play cards game for members link?
Or maybe a game where you can actually build a car (306 preferably) as a get to know your car?
Further to this I know a few have access to service box so why not have a thread or section devoted to free microfiche access for all 306 schematics?
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2016, 06:56 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: That's because you're just a twat Matt.

/deliberatelyleftoutwinkyface

yes true, but you only know that for sure because you've met me on a number of occasions, I've managed to fool one or two on here that I'm a decent fella Tongue
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2016, 09:39 PM)Matt Wrote: What happened to the camping meets we use to do? First one was at stone henge and then the lake distract! They were f*cking awesome!

My car even got painted at the stone henge one Rofl

Nobody organises them any more, as we've been saying. You should set one up, i'd turn up if i can make the spare time.

(16-04-2016, 10:20 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: How about a basic 306oc driving game or games section to play somewhere on the forum? Gta1 style overhead with colour-tagged and named members  cars?
I'd love to race other members cars ( in my imaginary current 306 ) without the 1000 mile round trip!
Or maybe an online free play cards game for members link?
Or maybe a game where you can actually build a car (306 preferably) as a get to know your car?
Further to this I know a few have access to service box so why not have a thread or section devoted to free microfiche access for all 306 schematics?

Everybody can access servicebox, you just need to make an account for yourself. I should think incorporating games into the forum would massively increase complications and server load, i'm not a computer person though, i'm sure someone with more of a clue can explain better. I believe there's a thread in the couch where people share their gaming hashtags and stuff like that.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Random Idea; Itwasntme
anyone else own Scalextric?
maybe members local to each other could setup race meets?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2016, 06:51 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(15-04-2016, 06:43 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: There is a point where a pisstake becomes a general dig at somebody and I know I have crossed the line before.
A community shouldn't be digging each other out for their shortcomings.
Actively encouraging people is the way forward.
I have been on many forums and this forum is the best for mad ideas, but one of the worst for accepting new ides.

I could probably stretch myself to admitting this, also, although i'm not sure i know how to change. :blush:

Ginge, why don't you organise a track day? You seem pretty keen on the idea and were contributing a lot of suggestions last time it came up, get on it!

I'm not interested in organsing them, I enjoy going to them. 

If the club wants to be promoted, track says are a damn good way to do it!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2016, 04:29 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(15-04-2016, 06:43 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: There is a point where a pisstake becomes a general dig at somebody and I know I have crossed the line before.
I have been on many forums and this forum is the best for mad ideas, but one of the worst for accepting new ides.

I could probably stretch myself to admitting this, also, although i'm not sure i know how to change. Blush

Ginge, why don't you organise a track day? You seem pretty keen on the idea and were contributing a lot of suggestions last time it came up, get on it!

TL DR - Ginge "Track days are awesome, the club should organise one cos I'm not a team player and I CBA"
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2016, 06:18 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(17-04-2016, 04:29 PM)ginge191 Wrote:

I could probably stretch myself to admitting this, also, although i'm not sure i know how to change. Blush

TL DR - Ginge "Track days are awesome, the club should organise one cos I'm not a team player and I CBA"

1) it's not MY club
2) I've no need to ORGANISE a track day 
3) I've not the time to organise a track day
4) this thread was about increasing rep, this was my idea. 

I don't need to organise a track day, there's plenty to attend.
Thanks given by: 7057sam
Dude, seriously, totally missing the point. A club belongs to it's members, if we as members want it to thrive then it's up to us to do. Adam and Niall already do a lot to finance, improve and maintain the club, i reckon taking on some responsibility is the least we can do.

Also, "not my club"; why are you here then? Unless you're a member, but then it'd be your club...? Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sorry Ginge but I'm with Pood's on this, you're making yourself look stupid.

If you want a trackday or think it would benefit the club - organise one if you want to support the club.
Thanks given by:
My bad.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty new here and firstly I have to say you've all been quite welcoming. I'm on a few of the facebook groups and have gotten decent advice on them but as soon as I joined here I didn't bother with the fb groups. I personally really like the whole 306 community on here you all know how to have a laugh and are good at giving newbs like I sound advice no matter how stupid the question. My project is coming along nicely so I'll be posting more updates when I do interesting things with it. I don't know how much that'll help if any at all but I enjoy posting up so hopefully it'll help. Also the forum is good to just have a read around, I'm always reading through threads learning new things etc and I'm sure many others do too. I think the amount of response this thread has gotten speaks volumes and the forum will pick up more in good time.
Thanks given by:
A slightly more user friendly photo uploaded be good... And is it possible to have a video uploader? Limited by size/length?
Be handy for fault finding/posting
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have to say I'm genuinely impressed with everyone at the moment. People starting more threads to generate interest in things, a lot more positive posts, less bitching. This thread has stayed constructive throughout too.

Keep it up guys, this is good.
Thanks given by:
Im on holiday at the moment and have been reading this but wont really be acting on any of it until i'm back on Wednesday. Please do keep the ideas coming in though. Im not ignoring them

Ive quoted the above though because i wanted to highlight to all members old and new that it is your club. Just because you're not a mod or admin doesn't mean its not your club. If you are a part of it, its your club! Get involved. Theres only so much the staff can do
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2016, 06:36 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I have to say I'm genuinely impressed with everyone at the moment. People starting more threads to generate interest in things, a lot more positive posts, less bitching. This thread has stayed constructive throughout too.

Here here
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2016, 06:52 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(18-04-2016, 06:36 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I have to say I'm genuinely impressed with everyone at the moment. People starting more threads to generate interest in things, a lot more positive posts, less bitching. This thread has stayed constructive throughout too.

Here here

Seconded.

I have yet to comment in this thread, as I've been mental busy with work/family, etc, but I've been poking my nose in on occasions, but mostly lurking in the background. ninja

I am massively impressed with the way the club has pulled together regarding improvements, and many of the suggestions posted in here are fantastic! I definitely have to echo the comments made about mods mainly being here to maintain a level of decorum (possibly not including Matt Wink ), there is nothing stopping anyone from arranging a meet or anything otherwise. Just bung a thread up! Smile

I also have to agree with the "banter" issue, sometimes it can get a bit out of hand, but all we really need to do to combat this is use a bit of common sense, and a few well placed smileys. Done. Wink

I'm the first to admit I'm not great for attending shows and such like, being a minimum hour or so from the nearest members is always an issue when it comes to attending meets, but some of the first meets I went to were in Ipswich and surrounding areas! Unfortunately these days I have more family commitments and (certainly recently, blame my 8 month old daughter) financial limitations which basically shot show season last year out of the window. With some luck I might make at least one show this year though...aiming to make Pugfest for a change, as I've done FCS a couple of times now. Distance should never really be too big a factor in bringing the community together though IMO, but it still doesn't mean we can't be civil to each other online.

Right now though, I look forward to continuing to be a part of this fantastic forum, especially now we're coming together to make it a better place!

Much love to you gays, let's make this year a good one! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wingnadz FOYC Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2016, 07:51 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Wingnadz FOYC Big Grin

Heart
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2016, 06:38 PM)Niall Wrote: Im on holiday at the moment and have been reading this but wont really be acting on any of it until i'm back on Wednesday. Please do keep the ideas coming in though. Im not ignoring them

Ive quoted the above though because i wanted to highlight to all members old and new that it is your club. Just because you're not a mod or admin doesn't mean its not your club. If you are a part of it, its your club! Get involved. Theres only so much the staff can do
It's attitudes like this which personally make me feel alot more comfortable and welcome here. I have been and definitely will continue to make my own effort on here to make it better I see alot of potential in the forum. I cant remember where I saw it but I read something somewhere about donating some money to the forum ? I'd like to help out at some stage this year when I have more if possible
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2016, 01:44 AM)Adam CD P1 Wrote: It's attitudes like this which personally make me feel alot more comfortable and welcome here. I have been and definitely will continue to make my own effort on here to make it better I see alot of potential in the forum. I cant remember where I saw it but I read something somewhere about donating some money to the forum ? I'd like to help out at some stage this year when I have more if possible

You probably saw it in this thread, and I believe that Niall will be looking at implementing a donate button on the front page once he is back off his holibobs. Wink
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2016, 08:04 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(19-04-2016, 01:44 AM)Adam CD P1 Wrote: It's attitudes like this which personally make me feel alot more comfortable and welcome here. I have been and definitely will continue to make my own effort on here to make it better I see alot of potential in the forum. I cant remember where I saw it but I read something somewhere about donating some money to the forum ? I'd like to help out at some stage this year when I have more if possible

You probably saw it in this thread, and I believe that Niall will be looking at implementing a donate button on the front page once he is back off his holibobs. Wink

Ah sweet ! I'll keep an eye out for it
Thanks given by:
Just bumping this as some people seem to have forgotten
Thanks given by:
Was thinking about this recently. Definitely donating & helping out when I have the means. Wanted to get over to Pugfest but it was a choice of that or finally do something big with my 306 so I chose the latter and I'll drive it over next year. I'd like to get over to some events and get more involved when I can though.
Thanks given by:
One thing that could be of interest on here, that the metro owners club have started to do,
They have started to build a data base on trims, wheels, etc. Due to how rare some things are and for future restore projects. also a register on a few models now, mainly the GTI, VANs and other rare models.
can we not start introducing something like this here? while some of the cars are still about, the last thing you want is to be starting this in a few years time, when the 306s will be come a rare sight to see on the roads.  
I know I have mentioned metros, but just think before you have a pop, the metro went through this sort of thing, and I am seeing things change, and I am seeing the same pattern on here.
Thanks given by:
Yeh I suggested and have space for the rallye register but haven't made a move on that yet.
Thanks given by: