Engine loom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine loom
Nearly done, just need to figure out what plugs are needed and what aren't.

By the rad top hose I have a big blue three pin plugged sensor, presume a temp sensor as it's in the rad. There's no plug on the loom. Ideas?

Also at the aux end of the loom there's a couple of plugs I can't find a home for. There's one blue one, a grey square one with two pins, and a big black square one with two by two pins. Also above the gearbox I have a yellow plug with no home, i've two attached to the thermostat housing and the white one to the gear box but can't see any yellow sensors for it.

Any idea which of these are redundant especially now i've Bosched it? And which plug should I connect to the stop solenoid on the Bosch?

Nearly done though!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Here's pictures of the offending plugs. Also found an extra earth between the starter and alternator, for the pump maybe?

[Image: IMG_0442.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0441.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0440.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0439.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The sensor in the rad is for the fans?

First pic is the one for the water level sensor that should be in the expansion tank

the last pic looks like the one that connects to the lucas pump
Thanks given by:
Thought the blue plug was the Lucas one that I needed for the Bosch stop solenoid?
Thanks given by:
Iv got a lucas pump here and it has a blue 3 pin plug, but im sure that some later lucas pumps use a square plug like that in pic 4

that connection in pic 2 not go to the starter or the ault?
Thanks given by:
Nope I have three earth straps, one to the starter and aux and this one spare?

Did the cars get a universal Lucas loom then, for both old and new style pumps? Think this loom is off a T reg so would be Lucas territory
Thanks given by:
number three looks like manifold temp sensor?
Thanks given by:
Iv no idea what that 3rd one it for? cant think of anything elce that uses that connection in that area, but i know there not earth's so don't let it contact earth, if you cant find anywhere they connects is possible you dont need them so just tape them up and lookout for things that dont work
Thanks given by:
Does a bit, so that's no use for me then
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:number three looks like manifold temp sensor?

On a Xud?
Thanks given by:
[Image: DSCF2566.jpg]

that 4 pin one is for the immobiliser on a lucas pump
Thanks given by:
[Image: 21893_34442.jpg]

Blue one is for that micro switch on the top, think its for the EGR?
Thanks given by:
Good work mate. So I need the switched live from the four pin plug for the stop solenoid?
Thanks given by:
Yes buy it will burn it out the relay with the red locking clip in the plug, its bolted to the inner wing behind the batter,
Thanks given by:
How many wires go into the one in the 2nd pic?
Thanks given by:
Dunno, taped it up and forgot about it lol
Thanks given by:
i think its for the oil pressure sensor, its between the coolant pipes above the oil filter
Thanks given by:
Yep seen that but nothing fits it
Thanks given by:
you need to change the sensor, there are two types of connection, can you post two pics one of the back of the ault and one of the starter connections?
Thanks given by:
There's a separate loom on for the alt and starter lives, that's already fitted. The main engine loom seems to have earth straps with smaller eyelets to fit the alt and starter
Thanks given by:
There should be 2 cables going to each of them large ones held on with 13mm bolts and smaller ones that use 8mm, but there live not earths
Thanks given by:
Modern style plug with yellow end is oil pressure switch.

Black 4 pin one is the pump immob plug, one of those wires (normally red one) is ign live, connect just that wire to the top of the stop solenoid.

The ring connector could be few things, cut bit of your insulation and tell me what colour the wire is... If its green / yellow its ground, if its a thin wire, its the alternator exciter, if its white and thick (think this is most likely) its either your glow plug rail feed, or the glow plug relay feed, which connects to start for its feed (same terminal as main battery feed wire)

Plug on rad is basic 2 level heat switch for ph1 looms for fans, looks like you have a ph2 loom going on there, so not sure how that will work as the fans are controlled by the ecu box under the chassis leg on a ph2, using the temp sensor on the stat housing...might be easier to just relay it / manual switch if you get problem / wire in that rad sensor to a relay...

Brown connector looks like water in fuel sensor, sometimes located on rear of fuel filter hosing, but often not fitted so redundant, anything else?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ahh right, assumed the smaller ones were earths. That's that one accounted for then.

Yellow one above gearbox? I have the white one behind the form arm plugged in but there's a yellow one in same place, guessing spare?

Darren cheers for the reply, legend. Blue sensor on rad was fitted to the old one, fitted a phase 1 Nissens though and just swapped it over because I could, was blanked off on the Nissens.

Oil pressure plug doesn't fit so I guess I need a new style sensor, or an old style plug? Or bodge it?
Thanks given by:
Yeh they clanged plug between ph1 / ph2, probs easier to just screw in a ph2 oil pressure sender,
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Same as sensor on hdi etc if thats any help also
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Yeah that's great mate, will just leave it unplugged for now. Can pick one up at the scrappies easy enough.
Thanks given by:
Hm, try to get sorted, I wouldnt wanna be started a new motor first time without an oil pressure light myself....
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
I live life on the edge Wink
Thanks given by:
heh, just solder a wire into the connector / break plsatic away and crimp a spade onto it or somethingTongue
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  engine/wiring loom help tysonbully2k12 12 4,168 12-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3