Lawn mower racing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawn mower racing
I used to have a  grass cutting biz and like this sport.  Usually some during the summer around Worcester. Will try to let folks know.
National Mills weekend is  14th -15th May so if you like some truly eyepopping machinery  you can look it up to see whats going on. Wind Mills Water Mills , water turbine driven mills  You name it .  Often truly awesome to see  a mill running and realise it may be hundreds of years old. Google for it
Thanks given by:
my local windmill has had an extensive restoration, now in full working order (wind permitting)
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Hopefully Tim Booth et al have added it to the list and you can visit free . "Free" means you probably make a donation after for tea and cakes,  and talking to proud owners who let you into their homes  as new friends. The power is  incredible .  We excavated Heads Mill.    The last miller strawberry jammed himself by getting his smock caught in rotating  machinery.. We don't know what was left or how many times he went round.
Thanks given by:
Was introduced to lawnmower racing last summer by mr baldwin, certainly an 'interesting' sport. Cracking day out!
Thanks given by:
http://www.blmra.co.uk/ for news. Watched the local 12 hour race last time
Thanks given by:
one of my friends in the US competes in mini lawn tractor size tractor pulls (similar to our resident 400bhp HDi owner) and its mental the technology and level of tune those things have,
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2016, 07:31 AM)ROBCAT Wrote: Watched the local 12 hour race last time

Grass must get real short after 12 hours of mowing!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
lowner mower racing... sounds great... dont know if id make the cut though...
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
(11-04-2016, 01:05 PM)Eeyore Wrote: lowner mower racing... sounds great... dont know if id make the cut though...

[Image: images_zpslvkmegih.jpg]

Yesh dat was very good
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
A mate of mine was well into racing Lawnmowers,he was always trying to get me involved,I helped with a bit of fettling and development and test drove it a bit (Briggs and Stratton powered Ride On Mower ) - going around a field one evening there was a huge 'Bang' and the engine stopped (almost woke me up LOL) - the spark plug had vibrated right out of the threads Smile

I never raced it because I could not afford to get injured at that time - another mate of mine got a really badly broken collar bone during a racing accident !
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Club racing categories PugLee 6 1,817 12-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Japanese racing wheels Matt 1 1,552 27-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Slam Wagon
  Arab sand racing Jimmy306uk 14 3,021 24-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Last Post: w3526602