Vegetable Oil as Fuel system cleaner?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegetable Oil as Fuel system cleaner?
I have heard on the XUD section of this forum that vegetable oil is excellent at cleaning out and removing deposits and sludge from fuel systems. So much so that a new fuel filter has to be put in the car after the first 200 or so miles as it has clogged with all the gunk that has been shifted.

I know we run HDI's which are too sensitive to run veggie oil. What I am wondering though is what would happen say if you mixed 1l of the stuff into the tank with regular diesel. Would that help give everything a good clean through do you reckon or would it risk clogging injectors and stuff like that?

Just wondering what the possible damages could be and whether there would actually be any possible benefits.

Smile
Thanks given by:
use two stroke mixing oil for the HDI not veg Wink
200-300ml per tankfull

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I have been using that tbf Smile just heard that adds a bit more lubricity to the fuel which is good for the pump and injectors. The veg I was thinking might help remove sludge build up in the intank fuel pump etc Smile
Thanks given by:
injectors and pump wont like the veg as it has poor lub property's

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Well this is clearly a no go Tongue Worth an ask as it would be an easy way to give it a clean out if it was possible haha.
Thanks given by:
Use premium fuel for that.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Use Morrison's fuel... It's full of veg anyway...excellent at moving all the crap through...but that crap will then get stuck in the injectors. Confused
Thanks given by:
If you use twostroke oil get the low ash content stuff
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I use this stuff http://www.commaoil.com/passenger-vehicl...267/TST1L/

Seems to be decent enough Smile
Thanks given by:
Rather than starting another Jack style thread, I thought I'd ask in this one... Big Grin

Has anyone tried Millers EcoMAX diesel additive? http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60222-miller...tment.aspx

Seems to get decent reviews and I'm kinda tempted to try it... Was gonna try a bit of 2stroke but after doing more research into it, there's quite a bit of evidence to prove it doesn't do anything, and can cause valve issues. Confused
Thanks given by:
if you type in runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath and aches and pains you are definately going to find information on heart attacks, cancer, meningitis etc etc.. this is because the internet is specifically 99% bullshit...

2stroke oil causing valve damage? how exactly? the caustic properties? the raising of the burn temperatures? pull the other 1.. it is a lubricant that has the same properties of combustion as diesel, providing you get the low ash it wont coke up stuff in the engine if it does at all.. i am assuming it was a VAG engine, and what they failed to mention is that they had a stage3 tune, with no intercooler and 100000 miles between oil changes..

what it does do is increase my MPG somewhat, additionally quieten down my injectors and engine on startup and makes the car feel markedly smoother.. it smokes less under boost too
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Nah it's something about Zinc in it causing problems.

Granted the internet isn't all true...after all I post shite every day... Tongue But sites like this look pretty convincing to me! I know it's in SA but they seem to have the same regs as the EU.

http://www.fuelexpert.co.za/2-stroke-oil...-study.php
Thanks given by:
wasn't there one posted a couple of months ago about that miracle fuel addative that was specifically debunked by one of our very experienced forum members whom had worked on said project's results and found that it was shite?

that was a very nicely written website, very convincing if you read into it..

here are a few more

http://www.labour.org.uk/
https://www.conservatives.com/
https://www.illuminatiofficial.org/

remember that paper written about the link between MMR and autism? that was quite convincing..
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
How do you ever know what to believe on the internet? Confused
Thanks given by:
its simple., you belkeive everything or nothing.. you chose the everything approach obviously..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7377002.stm
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
If you believe nothing how do you learn anything? Confused

I don't believe everything, but when a few sites or posts seem to be leading the same way I'd tend to believe that over a solitary 'fact' or random opinion that is placed as a fact...
Thanks given by:
That website does look very legitimate and has some interesting facts and data. I can't see why it wouldn't be a real investigation as there is no reason for the person writing it to sway the results due to money etc
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2016, 08:55 PM)toseland Wrote: its simple., you belkeive everything or nothing.. you chose the everything approach obviously..  

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7377002.stm

That's real alright, or close to it anyway, just a bit irrelevant lol.

Read with a bit of savvy and you can have a good idea about whether or not something is accurate. Always take information from more than one source, by source 4 or 5 you can usually work out what is "common knowledge" and what is reality. If it's an article look at who is publishing it so you've got an idea of the motives behind the article and therefore any likely bias. If it's a forum have a look at the poster's other posts - do they actually appear to have sound knowledge and experience or do they just like the sound of their own voice and repeating what other people have said elsewhere (often inaccurately). I find it helps to imagine the sentences read aloud by somebody in a pub who is talking over everyone else at the table with a few mispronunciations thrown in. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
On subject of VO. How much petrol is acceptable to put in the tank in order to thin it nicely? At what point will the engine go bang? Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2016, 10:27 AM)silverzx Wrote: On subject of VO. How much petrol is acceptable to put in the tank in order to thin it nicely? At what point will the engine go bang? Big Grin

i just used to put a litre or 2 in a full tank in harsh winter, thinned it out and never went bang lol . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2016, 10:50 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 10:27 AM)silverzx Wrote: On subject of VO. How much petrol is acceptable to put in the tank in order to thin it nicely? At what point will the engine go bang? Big Grin

i just used to put a litre or 2 in a full tank in harsh winter, thinned it out and never went bang lol . .Smile

I really CBF to drop and strain my tank... Think I'll chuck a good few litres in with the 10-20 odd litre of veg in there at the moment, see what happens.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I find it much easier to put the petrol in with the veg... Pours MUCH faster. Bit of a farce if using new veg oil...but with waste its simple enough.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No more than 10% trent.
A couple of litres in with 20 be fine.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2016, 02:58 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: No more than 10% trent.
A couple of litres in with 20 be fine.

But I want to see flames...  Undecided
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Then chuck a couple of litres in the footwell and light it.
Should be sufficient. :-)

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2016, 09:04 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Then chuck a couple of litres in the footwell and light it.
Should be sufficient.  :-)

More specifically, I want flames out the exhaust.  Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Ah. I see.    Doh 
Silly me. 

Pour the petrol in the exhaust and light it?

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2016, 08:13 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Ah. I see.    Doh 
Silly me. 

Pour the petrol in the exhaust and light it?

Good shout, video to come soon.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone tried this fuel system cleaner? BiG K 18 3,418 13-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  cleaner? pug306driver 0 663 27-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Vegetable oil? JayNesbitt 13 4,133 18-06-2012, 11:30 PM