HDI 110 ECU Boost Control on HDI 90

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI 110 ECU Boost Control on HDI 90
How easy would it be to use the wiring etc so that you can have ECU boost control rather than mbc on a HDI90?
Thanks given by:
I suppose you would need one of these units. Thats as far as my knowledge goes and I would like to hear more about this tbf if anyone knows anyway way of making it work

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-207-30...SwDk5T4nsu
Thanks given by:
Easy enough, just needs the wiring adding and the software adjusted to enable it correctly.

Oh and obviously the actuator swapping to a vacuum type.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
So
1 - Wastegate actuator
2 - Wastegate control solenoid
3 - Boost pressure sensor (Map sensor?)
4 - ECU mapped to control boost pressure (Possible by copying the map from a 110hp model and then modifying as and when needing more boost?)
Thanks given by:
Correct, but you should recalibrate the 90hp software to enable the boost control.

You can infact swap the wire from the EGR solenoid and put it on the pin for the Turbocharger control and use the EGR solenoid as it's the same item.... Then you need to put the MAP sensor on.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Yup and possibly one of these??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turbocharger-E...SwT5tWJ179

Not sure what that bit is though. I supposed to make sure its working correctly
Thanks given by:
No, that's a position feedback sensor, that's not used in EDC15C2 variants.
Thanks given by:
How reliable is it? and has anyone on here done it before? Just would be nicer than faffing on with fitting and also keeping on checking an mbc
Thanks given by:
Perfectly reliable, manfacturers have used vacuum control for years, only really switching over to fully electronic control now. Bear in mind you won't be able to tweak your boost without getting it mapped again. Although an mbc shouldn't need checking once it's set anyway, think i might have missed your meaning there...?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks Poodle! So im guessing all you do is use:

HDI 110 wastegate actuator from 307 406 etc
Wastegate control solenoid
Wire up a map sensor somehow?
Have the ECU mapped by whippy/steve/dervtech for new software and then actual remap?

Have I missed anything?
Thanks given by:
The thing is, the map should be calibrated for the amount of boost you require anyway, so once the map is set, you should never need to adjust the boost level anyway. The MAF sensor is mostly out of range, so you can't realistically rely on the MAF readings to adjust the injection quantity to suit whatever boost level you have set via a manual boost controller.

I'd suggest that electronic control is slightly better - you can run higher boost levels midrange and taper off the boost levels at high RPMs to save the turbocharger from overspeeding up there... However you'll end up with an even more inflated midrange from the engine which is exactly what these don't need!

Whilst you're at it, fit a larger, more modern turbocharger anyway.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info Ruan, exactly... I want a nice top end not just a nice midrange then it falling off! Not looking at fitting another turbo as thats even more work.
Thanks given by:
You will really struggle to get anything extra top end without putting a bigger turbo on really as top end lacks due to the turbo not being able to keep up :/
Thanks given by:
Yep, need to go vnt if you want mid range and top end tbh. Wink
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2016, 12:01 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yep, need to go vnt if you want mid range and top end tbh. Wink

nope.. just an appropriate sized turbo.. i have nice mid range torque and power and it pulls ALL the way past the redline.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
VNT just gives you transient response, no fixed geometry turbocharger will ever give you transients like a modern variable geometry unit.
Thanks given by:
Transient yes, but required? No.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Boost, required? No. Wanted, hell yes.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Why not use a twin scroll turbocharger?? I assume it would be easier to use once you can convert it to mechanical wastegate?
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2016, 10:53 AM)BiG K Wrote: Why not use a twin scroll turbocharger?? I assume it would be easier to use once you can convert it to mechanical wastegate?

Most twin scroll turbos are already running traditional wastegates. Can't say I've ever seen a twin scroll VNT yet though I'm sure they exist.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
You'll never find a VNT twin scroll Turbo as a twin scroll is a simplified method of getting VNT without moving parts. There is a new turbo technology to direct the exhaust flow to either the low boost side, high boost side or a combination of the two.
Thanks given by:
Finding a twin scroll of appropriate size or price is the issue as they tend to only come on two pretty specific applications: high performance turbo petrols or commercial engines.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BOOST CONTROL GUIDE ANTB1986 2 1,364 22-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Last Post: ANTB1986
  boost control hold position 306 ANTB1986 16 4,780 18-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Poodle