Tighter front end (giggidy :lol:)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tighter front end (giggidy :lol:)
So, just replaced the rear axle on my standard HDI with a GTI6 one fully refurbed with solid mounts, and now my front end feels a bit loose and leans a bit too much, what can I do/buy to tighten and create less lean at the front?
Thanks
Thanks given by:
lower it, stiffer springs . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
yeh are you lowered rear or front at all? Stiffer ARB will mean more understeer so I wouldnt upgrade a hdi front arb to a gti6 one just because it entails enhanced performance. I think the ultimate answer for a road car would be to polybush the wishbones and then run bilstein shocks with eibach springs with a 30mm drop front and rear.
Thanks given by:
Standard height from HDI sachs springs + dampers, standard height rear axle and may be coming down 20/30mm, bought those sachs springs new so dont fancy spending more on springs/dampers, will spend on anything else though, would berlingo p bushes do the job for making it a bit stiffer?
Thanks given by:
so berlingo P bushes are a bit of an upgrade but i would suggest that the powerflex black pbushes would be more performance orientated. There was a set of wishbones with powerflex bits already fitted cheap in the for sale section. id get those!

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=33530
Thanks given by:
im running the partner P bushes yes they are way stiffer than the std and cheaper than polys

Partner Bush's are well worth the effort in changing them
but dont forget to buy two 10mm x 1.25 x 20mm bolt as your old 8mm chassis bolt is too small

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Not sure if there are different partner ones but Bashs haven't lasted long. Confused
Thanks given by:
There will be hundreds of different ones, don't buy the cheap crap and there's no reason for them to fail quickly.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If you want a tighter front end freshen up top mount bushes, drop links, track rods and ends,

I always use standard ARB and wishbone bushes. Are you really going to notice the difference on a HDI road car!
Thanks given by: