Thoughts on standard Stage 1 HDI RR Printout

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on standard Stage 1 HDI RR Printout
Peoples opinions on this graph/results? Looks very smooth to me, pretty torquey for a standard stage 1! Was aiming for 125bhp though, although it drives well so that's all that counts I guess. Made 99 at the wheels, haven't worked out the percentage loss yet.

Thanks given by:
whose map is it?

i will add my printouts if i can find them Wink
three maps back to back runs on the same dyno

[Image: 3runs10c.jpg]

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Cully you got pretty much the exact same figures and curve as mine! Mines a whippy stage 1 but quite a tame one, not pushed at all.
Thanks given by:
Whippy maps only claim 120bhp...

Pro steve should be 125bhp

JP S1+ should be ~135bhp
Thanks given by:
Whippy claimed 125/200 with mine Tom Tongue, but I got 121.1bhp/210lb ft so ive lost bhp and gained torque, but it the mid range on diesels that matter so im happy enough aha :p
I think JP's 135bhp claim is a bit high, would love to see one on the rollers, would smoke like hell too!
Thanks given by:
Well all the Whippy maps I've seen/had have been 120 lol. Maybe he was competing with Steve by the time he did yours!

JPs doesn't smoke like hell...obviously smokes a bit more than the slow ones though. Tongue

Also, you have less torque than my puny 1.6 btw... Wink
Thanks given by:
Fair enough Tom aha Tongue
Makes me want to go Stage 2 even more aha! lol Just cant beat Stage 1 nippyness/reliability though!
Your 1.6 has over 210 lb ft? Thought they were 180 lb ft or something standard?
Thanks given by:
I don't work in that old lb ft shite. 285Nm from the S1 remap on the 1.6. Wink

(Admitedly it's only a decimal more haha, but still...you're carrying around all that extra engine for no reason Tongue )

Edit - Just looked back at the 1.9PD remaps... Torque on those from stage 1 was over 450Nm with 180bhp (ok, now I know why the Focus still feels slow haha)... Made me think though, more people should be fitting VNT's to HDi's tbh!!
Thanks given by:
ive run all 3 stg 1 maps
whippys map was even power throughout the rev range
pro steve's map is stronger on the acceleration and felt a stronger map i ran this map for a long time in my Estate
JP's map is harder again on acceleration and pulls all the way to the red line im currently running this map on my HDI Dturbo

all three will smoke if you mat the loud pedal this is mainly because the turbo needs to catch up on boost for the extra fuel
and obviously if your smokin the MPG is poor so you tend to drive without the smoke and the car still pulls like a train

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Lost count of the number of maps I've run on HDi's lol... All returned roughly the same MPG for me as well. Favourite has to be JP's S1+, but that may not the best for longevity! I wasn't a huge fan of the Whippy 120, BUT it's been on that car for many years and miles with no fuel system issues even now somewhere around 300k miles...
Thanks given by:
Thoughts?

It's a DD Shootout, so quick, put your tyres at 50psi, put some 0w20 in the engine and raw diesel in the gearbox and gain 5-10hp!

Otherwise, yeah, stage 1 HDi remap init!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I have currently got a Pro-steve stage 1 map with a straight through exhaust. It pulls well but runs out just after about 3300rpm. Is the JP map worth it for the extra pull you get higher up the rev range?
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2016, 10:51 PM)Ruan Wrote: Thoughts?

It's a DD Shootout, so quick, put your tyres at 50psi, put some 0w20 in the engine and raw diesel in the gearbox and gain 5-10hp!

Otherwise, yeah, stage 1 HDi remap init!

Wagwan blud.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2016, 03:24 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: I have currently got a Pro-steve stage 1 map with a straight through exhaust. It pulls well but runs out just after about 3300rpm. Is the JP map worth it for the extra pull you get higher up the rev range?

Just sounds like classic stage1...

Beyond that you need more boost/intercooling to allow fuel to keep being pumped in without melting things... Afaik.

So to get rid of it leaning out... Stg2!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Qh9LYXa7E
Thanks given by:
Thats what I thought. Does anyone happen to have a dyno print out of one of these JP stage 1+ maps??
Thanks given by:
(19-03-2016, 07:47 PM)MY95 Wrote: Whippy claimed 125/200 with mine Tom Tongue, but I got 121.1bhp/210lb ft so ive lost bhp and gained torque, but it the mid range on diesels that matter so im happy enough aha :p
I think JP's 135bhp claim is a bit high, would love to see one on the rollers, would smoke like hell too!

~Mine was a heavy JP s1+,  i'll dig up the results,  came in at 135bhp iirc,
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: