PP2000 - Logging Mileage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PP2000 - Logging Mileage
Been out today to clear a long standing EML light on my HDi, and PP2000 asked me to log the mileage again. Appears you only have 50 go's at clearing faults, not sure what happens when you get to 50......laptop spontaneously combusts maybe?

How do other PP2000 users get round the mileage logger?
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
I just push the cancel button, backs out of it eventually
Thanks given by:
After 50 you need a new ECU iirc!

DeeTurbo had this issue with his and kept clearing a fault instead of fixing it. Can't remember the outcome though. Confused
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2016, 06:51 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: I just push  the cancel button, backs out of it eventually

Pretty sure it won't clear the fault without sticking the mileage in!

(18-03-2016, 07:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: After 50 you need a new ECU iirc!

DeeTurbo had this issue with his and kept clearing a fault instead of fixing it.  Can't remember the outcome though. Confused

Yes, I'm bearing that in mind! I keep getting the stupid Clutch sensor and TPS fault.....If they pop up again, I'll leave them!
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
Ah I didn't know about the 50 thing! Thanks for the info!
Thanks given by:
exit planet after the reset before it asks to log mileage then it wont log any of the 50

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Which is what I've been doing phew!
Thanks given by:
Iirc it doesn't matter, this is purely for logging in the ecu what faults have occured? You can still clear faults, but cannot save a log of them.

I might be wrong tho, but that's as I understood it.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Can someone explain what the hell this is about. On mine the previous owner had ECU trouble and got it fixed by an enginner who  repalced some cheap bits in it.  I see a late model 2001 in Bucklands outside Cheltenham.  Poor naughty chappie got the boy racer bug and forgot  he needed insurance to drive it= so bye bye car and friggin' walk home. Does that mean I should pick up some stuff still going  and if so what ?
Thanks given by: