Intermittent blower

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermittent blower
Hi there,
I have recently picked up a D-Turbo HDI that I am using as a daily driver.
I am having issues with the blower not working.
The first time it happened, I pulled out and checked numerous fuses, and on putting them back in, the blower worked again.

I had read somewhere here about people having issues with the relay (2nd from left), so the next time the blower stopped working, I unplugged and refitted the relay. This fixed the issue again! I figured that it was a sticky relay, so changed the relay for an old spare I had.

The blower has again stopped working. Is there any common faults I should look out for?
I notice the A/C button does not light when pushed either, as if there is no power to the circuit.

Thanks,
Tom
Thanks given by:
If it's the one with aircon like mine check the voltage to the plug on the heater motor. Easy to pull under passenger footwell.It's got a resistance built in to the motor. The black and red is positive and negative. But there's a thin wire that goes from 0 to I think around 4 volts as you turn the blower control. I had to get a new box and motor for mine. If it's giving the voltage then it's the motor. If it's not then it's the box. Cost me about 30 for motor and 20 for box on eBay though it's only likely to be one gone. Could also be the bushes in motor but you can also get them on eBay too
Thanks given by: TAG
Thanks for the reply, I'll check that this evening.

It's an aircon model, but it looks like the compressor and piping has been removed.

The blower was working again the other day, but then stopped suddenly. The heat control was set to max heat at that point, and it seems like it is now stuck on this setting. The A/C button doesn't light at this point either, it's as if the whole heater control section is not doing anything, is there a plug on the back that may have rattled loose perhaps? I did have the facia off a few weeks ago to replace the two bulbs that light the controls up, would I have disturbed something?

Thanks
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blower position/blower motor mcglynn 3 1,798 11-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Last Post: adamm306
  Heater Blower intermittent (Ph3/HDi) mcglynn 8 1,926 01-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Last Post: mcglynn
  Blower intermittent and control panel lights out of sync ma2mgt 0 903 28-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Last Post: ma2mgt