What type of car battery?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of car battery?
I have been having sluggish starts and the dashboard needle problem some people get. I have cleaned all the earths etc and tbf looked through the receipts for the car and the battery is a good 5 years old. I will probably be getting a new one soon. What size are ours. I have seen on one website that it is 027.

Also what would people suggest? Some are very expensive. I am thinking probably a Bosch but I have seen new Duracell ones and they look good. I suppose just one with a good warranty would be good enough. 

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Personally I'd avoid Bosch like the plague - I've had so many problems with the Bosch Silver batteries.

Personally, I'd just buy something with a decent length warranty from a local supplier and you shouldn't go too far wrong.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Don't get Bosch, done loads on warranty in the last couple of years. I personally rate the Exide range, have abused the hell out of all of mine and yet to have one fail.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Brilliant, Cheers guys Smile
Thanks given by:
I just go to my local 'Aladdin's cave' and get the most 'heavy duty' one that fits.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
What do you reckon to this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exide-Premium-...SwAYtWNKt9
Thanks given by:
the one in the ebaay link is what i have and its a good battrey lodt of power right whene you need it, but the only problem is if you get it online is if you need to retun it its a bit costley

eurocarpars have a deal on at the moment the code is marchmad so have a look there
Thanks given by:
Thats a good point. Even with the discount code its £11 more from Eurocarparts than on eBay. Will probably end up getting it from ECP just because its a lot easier and quicker
Thanks given by:
I got an 027 size Exide battery last May from ECP. Part number 444770270.

I also realised I could get it cheaper on ebay, but I figured it would be more of a hassle to return if I got problems, so I paid a little bit more and bought local (what's a tenner nowadays).

The battery has been ok, no problems with it.

IIRC, I think the forum members steered me towards Exide at the time.

Steve
Thanks given by:
Another vote for exide
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys. Got my self an 027 exide excel premium using a 25% off batteries discount code from eurocarparts.

My old battery was an 064 and was only 44ah and 420CCA
My new battery is an 027 which has 64ah and 640CCA so it cranks over and fires up much faster.

Thanks for the advice Smile
Thanks given by:
The old battery was an 063? Crikey... not surprised that it was struggling to start an HDi after 5 years then, as that really is a bit underspec (but cheap, probably why it was fitted)
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
That and the fact it was running 750w RMS of subs on and off as well. Im shocked it did so well!
Thanks given by:
I've got a bosch and it gets rarely used, left outside (disconnected) all winter with little use, has been trickled from nearly flat several times and has been used in 2 306s with old starters and it is still going strong after 3 years or so of that.

It was about 40 or so.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
That's not bad at all tbf. Usually kills them off pretty badly letting them discharge that much
Thanks given by:
I bought a bosch S5 and it was dead in under a year. Got an S3 now which is cheaper and seems to be good so far!
Thanks given by:
I had a Bosch S5 for years without a problem, not sure whats happened to the newer ones! Confused
Thanks given by: