306 hdi fuel gauge not correct

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi fuel gauge not correct
Well basically I have a "x " reg 306 hdi ,, but the fuel gauge seems to be not consistent 

When I bought the car it said it had half tank , drove it for over 100 miles and the fuel gauge didn't seem to go down at all  

Then put some juice in and it went straight upto full (£10)
And then suddenly went back down to half again 

My question is  how do i find out what's wrong and how to test 
Thanks

t
Thanks given by:
the tank isn't square so the fuel gauge does funny things.

from the redlight I put £20 itll show just under half way. to fill it up to max I need to put an extra £40 to brim the tank.i get 100-150miles on about £10's worth of fuel but it drops depressingly fast if its below half a tank (350miles on the first half, 150-200 on the second depending on how I rag it)

it does however sound like you are about on the money with the cost to fill up, and I would suggest the sender on the fuel gauge is nackered so have a look at that. might be sticking inside the tank or a loose wire or earth.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Yeah I thought the sender was at fault but others have said it could be a dash fault but whatever it is its tremendously annoying
Thanks given by:
never rely on it, then you'll never know how inaccurate they can be Big Grin
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2016, 02:27 PM)barnesy213 Wrote: Yeah I thought the sender was at fault but others have said it could be a dash fault    but whatever it is   its tremendously annoying

only way to check this would be to get another set of clocks and pop them in..  only 2 plugs on the back of them,  and a few screws and torx bolts to remove it
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upgraded hdi nozzles with correct firing angle. mechsman 25 6,843 22-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Correct filter housing? JTaylor2005 6 1,477 21-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Fuel Gauge mattgreene 4 1,141 02-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Last Post: mattgreene