First 306, dash not working as intended...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First 306, dash not working as intended...
Hi all, bought my first 306 the other day, check my newbie post for more info! But I now have this problem.. 

http://vid1360.photobucket.com/albums/r6...yp0q6c.mp4

As you can see, my fuel gauge flickers and mileage counter flashes... If I had started the car(couldn't at that time) you who would have also seen the rev counter, and speedo not work and I assume the temperature aswell... I can drive it still and sometimes after turning it over a few times it'll 
eventually work... 

Even when you think it works(before you start the car) it ends up not and goes back to flickering... And when I drove it it got a lot worse... 

I've checked the 3 earths as well as I could and they're all pretty tight, checked the fuel sensor aswell... But I'll check again! 

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!! 

Dan
Thanks given by:
It's usually earths that are the prob, perhaps take them off and rub them down before refitting, check for a fracture along the length too
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
went out in this again tonight. Doing it worse than ever and what was weird was that it kept doing it when the car was running. Occasionally all the dials went to max and then shuddered back down and stayed in the middle. Very strange. I reckon its as simple as the cables in the back being lose but not able to look at there is other news with the car now anyway.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Instrument lights, dash lights not working boggs 3 2,446 26-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo