Stop light flashing on and off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop light flashing on and off
Hello the stop light started flashing on and off.

When I stopped the car I could hear some kind of motor running with the engine running. I switched the engine off and the motor noise carry on going. I took the battery lead of and the noise then stopped.

But soon as you start the car the motor noise starts again.

306 hdi

NEW UPDATE 

Quote:Was it the cooling fan running?  They put the stop light on when faulty.

The 2 fans both work as soon as I disconnect the blue temp sensor the fans come on full speed.

Corroded multi plug pins for the fan loom,  rhs of the radiator looking at the front.

I have cleaned that loom up there was very little corroded in there I used wd40.

The 3 relays were the fans are I have cleaned  those up with wd40 also a lot easier to plug them in and out now.

The temp on the car goes to 90 or 100 while driving and drops also. The 2 fans come on but slower so I'm not sure what the problem is at the moment.
Thanks given by:
Was it the cooling fan running? They put the stop light on when faulty.
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2016, 07:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Was it the cooling fan running?  They put the stop light on when faulty.

I have just checked now to see. The noise has stopped now at the moment.

When it starts again I will check the 2 fans to see whats going on when on the long drive tomorrow again.
Thanks given by:
Yeah sounds like cooling fans...

Check your coolant and temp levels!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2016, 08:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah sounds like cooling fans...

Check your coolant and temp levels!

The car had a new thermostat over 2 years ago. The coolant was done then also but the level was fine when I checked.

The temp reading was showing normal running temp. But when I open the radiator cap the water come out fast. It could well be the fans.

The air con rad been pulled out also wiring block disconnected near the air con motor so that fan wont work?
Thanks given by:
Corroded multi plug pins for the fan loom, rhs of the radiator looking at the front.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Stop light used to flash on my dt. Was low oil level, happened everytime I went round a corner
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2016, 07:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Was it the cooling fan running?  They put the stop light on when faulty.

The 2 fans both work as soon as I disconnect the blue temp sensor the fans come on full speed.

(14-03-2016, 10:46 PM)C2K Wrote: Corroded multi plug pins for the fan loom,  rhs of the radiator looking at the front.

I have cleaned that loom up there was very little corroded in there I used wd40.

The 3 relays were the fans are I have cleaned  those up with wd40 also a lot easier to plug them in and out now.

The temp on the car goes to 90 or 100 while driving and drops also. The 2 fans come on but slower speed. So I'm not sure what the problem is at the moment.
Thanks given by:
The car running now but has a misfire and the heaters are not getting warm just running cool warm on the hot setting.

So would the temp sensor cause any of these problems also others as well?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you've got an airlock in the coolant with cold heaters. Not sure on the misfire though, could be various things.
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2016, 05:53 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote: The car running now but has a misfire and the heaters are not getting warm just running cool warm on the hot setting.

So would the temp sensor cause any of these problems also others as well?

I've tested the temp sensor and connector for readings there fine.

So looking at things now the temp goes to 90 fans come on but slower both. Also goes to 100 and maybe 3/4 but the engine doesn't feel that warm also the heaters arn't that warm either on hottest setting.

The car started to misfire a bit as well.

The loom with a connector on the radiator rhs I can pull the plug out the pins look fine. But the connector joined on the fan part can this be removed separate or does the hole fan unit have to come out?

I want to check the pins on the fan unit connector I can see them properly while on the car.
Thanks given by:
I've never seen a HDi hit 100c even thrashing the balls off it! Either something seriously wrong or the temp reading is off. Is the coolant pressurising at all? Just thinking with overheating, cold heaters and a misfire it sounds like headgasket, they rarely fail on HDi's though. Confused
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2016, 09:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I've never seen a HDi hit 100c even thrashing the balls off it!  Either something seriously wrong or the temp reading is off.  Is the coolant pressurising at all?  Just thinking with overheating, cold heaters and a misfire it sounds like headgasket, they rarely fail on HDi's though. Confused

I will check the pressure in the system again.

What about an air lock in the system?
Thanks given by:
Air lock won't cause a misfire though, unless the problems are unrelated.
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2016, 01:53 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Air lock won't cause a misfire though, unless the problems are unrelated.

I have another post about the missing now 0230 fuel pump primary circuit

My car cut out a few times tonight on the way from work. But to start the car taking the fuel cap off to get it going again.

I had this problem last time the lp fuel pump in the tank. I changed this secondhand and the car been fine for 12 months. The car the last 3 or 4 days been running but slight missing here and there. I put in the computer it come up with this 0230 fuel pump primary circuit.

The engine light didnt come on for a few times then did after with this code the same also.
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2016, 07:18 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote:
(17-03-2016, 01:53 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Air lock won't cause a misfire though, unless the problems are unrelated.

I have another post about the missing now 0230 fuel pump primary circuit

My car cut out a few times tonight on the way from work. But to start the car taking the fuel cap off to get it going again.

I had this problem last time the lp fuel pump in the tank. I changed this secondhand and the car been fine for 12 months. The car the last 3 or 4 days been running but slight missing here and there. I put in the computer it come up with this 0230 fuel pump primary circuit.

The engine light didnt come on for a few times then did after with this code the same also.

This problem now fixed with another lp fuel pump.

But still the problem with the fans coming on and heaters running cold. Also the temp showing it goes up I might drain out radiator and flush out just incase.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fan always on + STOP light on dashboard arooscroocked 20 4,604 03-02-2018, 01:50 AM
Last Post: arooscroocked
  Flashing headlights Cornishnutter 3 1,499 12-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Airbag Light Flashing RetroPug 17 3,700 15-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Last Post: RetroPug