306 glx 1.8 battery getting drained

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 glx 1.8 battery getting drained
i use a powerpack to charge the battery to full and gradually over a period of hour or so maybe longer the battery eventually dies out. someone did mention to me it could be the back wiper draining the battery or a loose wire but im not too sure at all.

if i connect the powerpack to the battery the car starts up within 10 seconds/ straightaway and can drive a little until the battery dies again.
also, with the battery fully charged the car works perfectly, you can switch it on and off for hours..

any help would be appreciated, if anyone wants pictures of the car i can provide them on request

ps. at this moment the back wiper is off the car
Thanks given by:
Not immediately clear, but are you saying that once the engine is started it'll still die?

If so, check that the alternator is charging - should see 14-14.5v or so at the battery with the engine running.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
As above check htat the alternator is charging the battery. System should be 14v + How old is the battery?
Thanks given by:
the battery is new. ive still got the old one as well. im going to jump start her for now in the next 30 minutes and ill check that the alternator is charging the battery and get back to you guys
thanks
Thanks given by:
im not sure you will charge a car battery to full just using a powerpack unless its plugged into the mains? Seeing as its a new battery i would think that the alternator is gone and you dont have a means of charging the battery up significantly.
Thanks given by:
Definatley sounds like alternator. If it's draining and not charging
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
hello i put a fully charged new battery in and it started a few times on and off no problem, 2 days later ive tried to start the car up an d the battery is dead anyone know why? i hadn't started the car in 2 days at all and the batterys died? any help please
Thanks given by:
im still a tyro on these cars, but something is draining the battery in 2 days. you absolutely sure the battery is a good one??

fully charge and fit to car and start engine, check charging system works properly. disconnect battery and leave for 2 days, reconnect and start engine, all good?? if so battery is ok. if not then battery is not ok.

if battery is ok, are any light left on like a boot light, radio or other load. you have a dmm volt meter and amp meter and know how to use one??

amps drawn ( load ) will give a clue as to whats "on load" when car is "off" and locked. may be something very simple but you must follow a logiocal path, else go round in circles for months.
Thanks given by:
so, how did it do?? did the battery pass the "test"??

when fully charged battery connected to the car, with ign off etc, does the earth lead, the last lead to be connected, does it spark??

also when fully charged battery fitted and left for say an hour, does the alternator get warm???
Thanks given by:
youve put a new battery in but you still havent said whether you have checked the alternator or not. If the new battery has died then this is the prime suspect!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flat battery/ can't open at to charge battery Aaron _d95 18 7,819 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Last Post: C2K