Radio reception

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio reception
Ive had 2 Peugeot now a 306 hdi and my current 307 sw both had/have aftermarket stereo's but the radio reception is very weak, is this just bad luck or do all Peugeot's suffer from this? And if so is there a easy fix ? 
Thanks james
Thanks given by:
in the 306 if you change the ariel to the longer phase one version it greatly improves the situation . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
It's the shitty aftermarket stereos lol... I hate aftermarkets, they never get good radio reception in any car.

On the ph3 306, there is a signal amplifier built into the HU, sure I've heard of people adding those to aftermarkets or something!
Thanks given by:
Ive done some digging and it looks like aerial has a booster fitted to it but needs voltage so im wondering if it used to come from the oe head unit? This is on the 307 the 306 died unfortunately

I think ive sussed it, just ordered a adapter from ebay that has a power supply for the aerial so fingers crossed it will sort it
Thanks given by:
I've never really had a problem with mine, but I've had the same hu for like 5 years haha so I'm used to it lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2016, 07:20 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It's the shitty aftermarket stereos lol...  I hate aftermarkets, they never get good radio reception in any car.

This is such bullshit. The various Sony head units I have used always receive loads of stations.

Extremely worth while while removing the ariel and cleaning up the connection inside and the connection between the long bit and base. 

Factory 306 head units are built to price and inferior to a good brand after market item.
Thanks given by:
I've had loads of aftermarkets, various makes and prices. They're good for CDs and MP3s if you're into that modern stuff but for radio I prefer standards in any car!

It's the door speakers in the 306 that are half the quality problem also, I always swapped those out for aftermarkets and in the later ones binned the aftermarket stereos for standards lol.
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2016, 07:24 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: I think ive sussed it, just ordered a adapter from ebay that has a power supply for the aerial so fingers crossed it will sort it

The standard unit sends 7v to the aerial.

Don't send 12v to the aerial as you'll blow the signal amp, it needs 7v. The VAG cars need 12v to the aerial.
Thanks given by:
swapped my oe head & spkrs for Pioneer ones. defo better, esp as the oe head one decided to refuse playing cd's.
PLUS, new head has Bluetooth fone connect. well handy.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
The adapter is made for Peugeot so im guessing it will send the right voltage
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2016, 09:03 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: The adapter is made for Peugeot so im guessing it will send the right voltage

Have you got a link to the one you bought?

I've been looking for one for ages.
Thanks given by:
Its a pc5-90 adaptor, im on a phone and dont know how to send a link sorry

Oh and i got it from ebay
Thanks given by:
Dee turbo if this blows my aerial could i just replace the old aerial for a sharkfin type that runs a 12v feed?
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2016, 08:13 AM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: Dee turbo if this blows my aerial could i just replace the old aerial for a sharkfin type that runs a 12v feed?
Yeah that'll be fine.
Thanks given by:
Could you not get a vag 12v one and make it fit your 306?
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2016, 09:10 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: Its a pc5-90 adaptor, im on a phone and dont know how to send a link sorry

Oh and i got it from ebay

Are you sure that's the correct one if there's a voltage difference as suggested above?

PC5-90 appears to be listed as for VAG cars which presumably means that it's a 12v variant if the above info is correct.

There isn't one listed under Peugeot or Citroen from what I can see in the Autoleads catalogue and that's probably more accurate than a typical eBay listing.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Ive got a feeling its just a 12v feed as i wasn't aware it needed to be 7v when i ordered it so looks like ive got the wrong one, my car is a 307 do you know if that uses 7v too?
Thanks given by:
So it didn't work when i plugged it in it took number 24 fuse and all my dashboard lights with it!!!! Looks like iĺl be buying a long non amplified aerial
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the feedback lol, unlucky
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Wow, that's strange. I've not had that happen.

Check behind the interior light and see if the cable connection has corroded away or broken there.
Thanks given by:
It all looks good, can i just get a lomg whip aerial and screw it into the old base ?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head unit radio reception (Phase 3) DeeTurbo 39 13,771 01-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: dyo
  Radio/Arial + radio stalk PocketFighter 15 3,856 05-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: PocketFighter