307 HDI SW SE 110 BIG BANG :( theory?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
307 HDI SW SE 110 BIG BANG :( theory?
My 7 seat family wagon has been in limp mode for a couple of days mainly due to vacuum issues relating to my turbo or lack of since Wednesday, car drove fine on thursday for a 9 hour shift albeit in limp mode!

Went to go to work yesterday and just on biting point setting off from the lights in first I got a Mega BANG from behind the bulkhead / dash area, probs about 90-100 decibel loud so shat a brick and pulled away due to huge traffic queue behind me! Confused

After the bang it drove no different from how it was before in limp with no boost, parked up and popped bonnet, no visible problem or fluid leaks! Huh
Question is turbo gone or boost pipe blown off? Angry
Any and all other suggestions would be greatly appreciated other than the obvious shouldn't have bought a 307!
Thanks given by:
DPF blocked, turbo couldn't take the backpressure and died... Shouldn't have bought a 307. Tongue

It's probably just a boost pipe tbh though, get under there and have a look!
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2016, 12:25 PM)Toms306 Wrote: DPF blocked, turbo couldn't take the backpressure and died... Shouldn't have bought a 307. Tongue

It's probably just a boost pipe tbh though, get under there and have a look!
Going out to try see now but the 307 has a massive dash and bulkhead so the turbo is a bit buried but will have a go anyway!
Thanks given by:
Doubt you'll see the turbo from the top anyway, will need to get under I think.
Thanks given by:
Yeah your right no access above, I can see the lower edge of it from below but through a maze of shit in a 3 inch gap Sad can't see sh*t, wouldn't be so bad if I still had the 306 Sad
Thanks given by:
It would...sod trying to change a 306 HDi turbo/boost pipe... Tongue

Shoulda bought a DV6, they knew the turbo would break so stuck it right on the front... Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Have you ever had or heard a boost pipe blow off? Just trying to gauge how loud it was when it happened or to figure whether it was more likely to have been the turbo????
Cheers for the replies btw! Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah they are properly loud, don't forget how echoy it is down there lol, sounds like bursting a balloon in a small room!

If it was the turbo you'd expect to still get problems since, either a noise (scraping/ticking/rattling) and/or smoke or oil from the exhaust.

Have you had codes read to see why it was in limp before the pop?
Thanks given by:
Tried to hook up pp2k on weds but it wouldn't talk to my car! Poss laptop / software problem so will try again ASAP but won't be today Sad
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2016, 01:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yeah they are properly loud, don't forget how echoy it is down there lol, sounds like bursting a balloon in a small room!

If it was the turbo you'd expect to still get problems since, either a noise (scraping/ticking/rattling) and/or smoke or oil from the exhaust.

Have you had codes read to see why it was in limp before the pop?

Hey Tom, having a rout around google and came across this thread on Peugeot forums,
It looks like its by the previous owner of my car about my wagon from Bellshill where I bought it, if you ain't up to too much could you have a look at this thread and possibly a couple of his other posts and see if anything gives any clues to my current problem?

Soz Tom http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-...ids-79569/
Thanks given by: