Good oil for track use for a Diesel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good oil for track use for a Diesel
Been doing 5k changes with just shell semi synth oil...

But with some perv boys seeing good results from better choice of oil on track...

Anyone got suggestions/experience...oil change is due in 2k which will likely bring me up to FCS
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What viscosity are you using? Just changed my hdi over to 5w30 c3 and it's noticeably smoother.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
10w40 or 5w40 depending on ecp offers lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Running 5w40 fully synthetic here, occasionally splurge on gulf competition but every time I've stuck it in it has had to come out soon after (turbo failure ... Etc)

(05-03-2016, 03:54 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: What viscosity are you using? Just changed my hdi over to 5w30 c3 and it's noticeably smoother.

I'd possibly be wary of running a thinner oil than specced, aren't big end and main bearing clearances etc are set based on that specific weight of oil taking it up?
Thanks given by:
I use this in my hdi and I had it in dw8 partner now my dad is using 5w30 of this in his xjs. I change mine every 5000 miles. Iv seen that they turbo diesel version now[Image: e9e53d1f36f29216c1fd0031022ae9b2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2016, 08:46 PM)Cho99er5000 Wrote: I use this in my hdi and I had it in dw8 partner now my dad is using 5w30 of this in his xjs. I change mine every 5000 miles. Iv seen that they turbo diesel version now[Image: e9e53d1f36f29216c1fd0031022ae9b2.jpg]

Done any hard track time/oil temp gauge/pressure to see results?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I want round 3 sisters track in Wigan and I never see it go over 80 on gage but it was cold and very wet so I only pushed it as far as I dared that was at end of January. So I googled to see if anyone else uses this oil for track use and iv found these two
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index....ic=95275.0
http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/archive/in...72389.html
From what these say it's good for 2 track days before it starts to brake down. One recommends a ester basted oil for long term track use claims they handle high temperatures better
Thanks given by:
Castrol 5-40 fully synth is a lot better than the Total 7000 10-40 semi synth i was using
the oil holds pressure better up to 100c and doesnt drop off as bad as the Total 7000 10-40 semi

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Ah ok lads...good info...

Keep it coming if anyone else has some
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2016, 09:04 AM)Piggy Wrote: Ah ok lads...good info...

Keep it coming if anyone else has some

Moi j'utilise du liqui moly 5w40 synthoil high tech

cet une trés bonne huile aussi entièrement synthétique  liqui moly et une trés bonne marque elle est reconnu pour ses additifs  MOS2.

Translation via google.....

I used the liqui moly 5w40 Synthoil high tech

this a very good also fully synthetic oil liqui moly and a very good brand is recognized for its MoS2 additives

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
were you having oil temp issues with the current oil?

how often do you actually go on track?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Gulf Competition 5W40.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I don't run an oil cooler... As some know, I have a bad history with them.

Last run on track, temps were behaving but oil was highee than coolant...so obviously kicking heat into cooling system

Plus I use cheap oil tbh...so exploring options.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
piggy Fit an oil cooler
I know initial I had a problem with mine but that's sorted now and track temps are well in control for a 20min session
its now the driver that needs work Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I have used vegetable oil in my XUD before, no harm done to shells at all. Wouldnt recommend long term use though haha, was a get you home moment where a turbo hose spilt, dumped my oil, but handily had a fuel tank full of veg oil to pump from. Rip tank return off, straight down filler hole.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2016, 02:20 AM)Dave Wrote: I have used vegetable oil in my XUD before, no harm done to shells at all. Wouldnt recommend long term use though haha, was a get you home moment where a turbo hose spilt, dumped my oil, but handily had a fuel tank full of veg oil to pump from. Rip tank return off, straight down filler hole.

This is exactly why I miss you Dave, come home soon
Thanks given by: silverzx
Seconded ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2016, 02:20 AM)Dave Wrote: I have used vegetable oil in my XUD before, no harm done to shells at all. Wouldnt recommend long term use though haha, was a get you home moment where a turbo hose spilt, dumped my oil, but handily had a fuel tank full of veg oil to pump from. Rip tank return off, straight down filler hole.

I was told of this 'act of need', wouldn't of believed it if it was anyone else

Rofl lol
Thanks given by:
Settled on Gulf Comp 5w-40 in mine, and never had any issues.... Granted it never went on track, so never had the constant thrashing like that, however upon rebuild (if ever) its likely to spend most of its life on the dyno, which is hard on the motor, so time will tell.

I found the most critical thing to keeping good oil pressure is keeping the oil at a suitable / constant temp...Without an oil cooler this was impossible with mine, would get hot very quickly when pushing the engine hard....So find it surprising yours is happy without one...

And regarding Daves comment....<3
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for input darren.

Oil does stay very stable tbh. But I just want to look after things this year. Be only right to put good oil in with everything else bodged
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fuchs and Gulf are both proven choices (in high power turbo petrol engines at least).
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by: