How's everyone piped up there fmic on hdi's?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's everyone piped up there fmic on hdi's?
Seen some intercoolers with a 180 pipe on the left side and ran both pipes down one side and iv seen other run pipes down either side? Which is the best way?
Thanks given by:
It's done both down one side because there's more clearance on the passemger side to route pipes. Have you looked at the fmic threads in the guide section, they're pretty detailed.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah iv seen the guide just wondered if anyone else had done it differently
Thanks given by:
Why would you do it differently? There isnt exactly many options to be honest
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ive seen people bring it up through the bits just behind the lights but both passengers side is easiest i fitted 2.25 with only litter bending of slam panel
Thanks given by:
mine is 63mm down the site of the radiator, pushes a little bit but fits nice. LOADS of room behind the rad,

have seen a few people bring it up over the top of the rad, and also behind both headlights..

Personally you have 2 options for the pipework..

cold side over the back of the engine and across the top of gearbox, into the bottom of the IC, and then back up and over to the inlet elbow, or you can follow the OEM routing under the engine with the default pipework from a C5 HDi, (2.2) which is slightly better and into the bottom of the IC.. if you don't have a twinpass, you can simply route the outlet pipework back over the top of the IC and around the passanger side of the radiator.. there is LOADS of room there.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Over the gearbox isn't an option on a mostly standard engine/vehicle. I've done going up through the slam panel, although it worked i wasn't happy with how many bits were rubbing, wouldn't recommend it unless you're willing to do some significant bending or cutting. Drivers side you've got to stick to 2" pipe or you're back to cutting chunks out of the panel. Both down the passenger side is definitely the cleanest option. There's installs about that go under the lower crossmember, but it sticks out lower than the bumper which is just a bit risky imo.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I wouldn't advocate that, I grind my splitter on pretty much everything.. especially when parking nose to kerb if I am not careful..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
On the estate the pipe goes under and tbf I haven't hit much at all
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo 2.0 HDi Straight piped 306estate2.0HDi 0 941 06-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Last Post: 306estate2.0HDi