Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
306 estate. Daily that became a project
#1
Thumbs Up 
When my old ph2 had an unfortunate accident i ended buying a HDI estate to use for work. When i kept raking down it turned into and xud9te swap and more things are happening to it. planning to take it to FCS this year. The first picture is the advert picture before i bought it.

(03-03-2016, 09:55 PM)danmartin123 Wrote: When my old ph2 had an unfortunate accident i ended buying a HDI estate to use for work. When i kept raking down it turned into and xud9te swap and more things are happening to it. planning to take it to FCS this year. The first picture is the advert picture before i bought it.
   
   

When i got the car back i felt ill at how high the back end was so had to do something about it.
   

I had a set of nimrods left over from my old hatch it threw on the car because they looked better.

Spent a day and a couple of cans WD40 (and maybe some hammering) on the rear axle. 
Both brake lines crumbled as soon as i started unbolting them so i had to make new copper lines all the way to the front where the joiners are.

   
   

Managed to get the job done. I only had a set of 60mm springs for the front so had to make do with those for now.

With it being a HDI i kept getting the cutting out under load problem. searched high and low on the internet for a solution but i tried everything. couldnt be bothered with trying anymore and didnt want to scrap it because i loved it lowered and didnt want to throw my efforts away. so i looked into an xud swap.

My mate had a green 5dr ph2 two that caught fire in the engine bay so i used it as a donor car.

   
This is the only pic i took during the engine swap (engine in and nearly finished) My mate had a green 5dr ph2 two that caught fire in the engine bay so i used it as a donor car.

With the car back on the road and running nice i looked at other stuff to do. 
Managed to get hold of a red bonnet in good nick and decided a de badge was in order. Needed a new bonnet because mine was dinted to high hell. 

   
Picture of it half was through the filling after the metal plate had been welded in.
The bonnet and grilles not finished yet as im waiting for paint. 

   
I had a spare crash bar laying around from the donor so thought a little refurb was in order seeing as though mines rusty. 

   
welded a plate in and filled the groove where the air intake used to be.

   
took the paint off the bit that's not covered by the lights and bumper to look for any rust and prep for paint.
Reply
Thanks given by:
#2
Wow... Good effort
Wishes for more power...
Reply
Thanks given by:
#3
(04-03-2016, 12:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: Wow... Good effort

Cheers mate, just pricing up getting my rear arches de rusted and painted
Reply
Thanks given by:


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project dr_jekyll 1,282 246,466 13-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dr_jekyll
  Project car-now the DAILY!!! bashbarnard 125 24,295 12-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  New 306 daily project custom-decals2012 2 821 30-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: P-Courty

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)