Weird one

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird one
Right so got an issue. Steering occasionally feels tight and heavy. Feels like I'm fighting against it whilst turning the wheel.  Driving in a straight line and I can feel the odd vibration and a slight pull to the right. I've noticed a slight split in the o/s cv boot, could this be the cause?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Odd vibration...yes possibly the cv worn, give the shaft a twist and feel for play. Could also be a wheel wobble
Pulling to right, wheel alignement or brake binding.
Steering getting tight could be strut top mounts/bearings...or even PAS system needing a flush or aux belt splipping
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
How can I check for brakes binding? As I have a feeling they might be binding on o/s.

Will get it in the air and check over the drive shafts tomorrow.

Anyway to tell if the belt is slipping? Tbh it is due a renewal soon, so might just do it and see if it helps atal. And fluid flush is simple enough. I'll do that tomorrow
Thanks given by:
Belt should squeal if it's slipping.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
binding brakes, flat straight bit of road or empty car park, with everything correct, these cars roll on for ages, but at near standstill from a roll, if you feel a gentle "jerk"  stop, then that brake binds. if comes to stop on very very very gentle incline and rolls back, brakes would seem "free", but if stop, then creak and roll back, stiff breaks.

brakes should be £free" when off, but there is some very very slight pad contact so very very light rubbing.

when you have the wheels in the air, spin by hand and watch/hear/feel.

at speed, car brakes well, no pulling, and releases??
Thanks given by:
Not the belt then!

Okay will check the brakes over today and see what's what
Thanks given by:
I'd do the CV joint straight away seeing as it needs doing anyway.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Yep I'm gunna get it done as I really Cba to do it myself.

Took it for a drive today and it didn't make any of the symptoms above. The pulling I've narrowed down to the tracking. That's needed to be done anyway. Going to replace the tres before I do it though as looking back, one was an advisor on the mot
Thanks given by: