Break for parts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break for parts
Since getting the 306 back running, I'm unsure what the plan is in the long run, the rear beam is in need of replacing and I really don't fancy spending even more money on it down the line to keep it on the road. How much do people tend to get for breaking their cars as opposed to scrapping it when it comes down to it?
Thanks given by:
Bugger all for a poverty spec HDi now. Better off selling it in all honesty.
Thanks given by:
As above, you'll struggle to make it worthwhile on a low spec 306, particularly for the effort involved with the only bits that'll really sell.

Add to that scrap prices are rock bottom at the moment so chances are that you'll either get nothing or possibly have to pay to get the shell collected.

You'd be better off selling whilst it's still working and a reasonable amount of MOT left.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
yeah as said... you have a cloth interior and steels....so thats worth nothing...engines go for £50-100 with gearbox... few panels for a tenner a piece...then £30-40 for the car scrap

I'm still interested matey in car as a whole...let me know.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Spot on, cheers for the pointers guys
Thanks given by:
You'll have to spend money on any car to keep it on the road unless you're very clever with buying and selling, don't sell something just because it needs 500 quid every couple of years lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I hate to be "that guy" but if you're breaking, dibs on gearbox please, as a spare for mine. Thanks
Thanks given by:
'Couple of years'. I've had it since August and it's been off the road for most of that.

Haha of course, I'll keep you in mind mate
Thanks given by:
If you need a standard rear beam, disc.poverty spec one let me know.. I have a good one going spare now.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: