Negative leads xud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negative leads xud
Hi all. Need some fairly quick advice please from someone with an xud turbo.

I need to know some specs from the negative lead to the battery. Can someone possibly tell me the approximate diameters and lengths of both the main lead to the gearbox and the smaller lead to the chassis. Also, I need to know the size of the ring terminals for the bolts to both gearbox and chassis.

New cables are nla from Peugeot and not available aftermarket. I don't want to fit a used one as I don't know it will be any better than the one I have and from what I can't tell they're all likely to fail eventfully so I'm going to make a new one.

Cheers

Rich
Thanks given by:
Buy yourself a 1 or 2 metres length of something like 35mm2 welding cable - will be ample (pun intended) for your requirements.

You can cut this to length and crimp in the ring terminals, or if you have some plumbing solder and a blowtorch you can solder them in.

You'll need ring terminals to suit m8 bolts - so circa 8mm diameter. the bolts on the gearbox are m8, I forget what is on chasis, but can't be too dissimilar.

End of the day its nothing more complicated than a bit of wire, and going big diameter will be belt and braces, length doesn't have to be too accurate as plenty of space for it to flap about without too much concern
Thanks given by:
chassis is m6 from memory i think. quite small.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yeah they aint big.

My usual advice is no solder in engine bay... Not that I take my own advice seriously. Do as i say...not as I do!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cheers lads. Only reason I asked really is because I'm a little bit anal and like to make everything look like it should be there but I can't order based on the old one as the car is in Sheffield and I'm in Bristol until the day I need to make he cable! Was planning on using crimps on tinned wire. M6 and m8 it is then and I'll order wire to suit.

Rich
Thanks given by: